Which head unit: alpine or pioneer premier?

Bronze Member
Username: Scab12886

Post Number: 63
i was comparing head units for my new system and i was wondering what everyone thought between these two: alpine cda-9835 (or 9855 when it comes out) and the pioneer premier DEH-P860MP. which is better? which one would everyone choose? anything at all, thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Marley289

Post Number: 83
well i have pioneer premier and i like it alot. i never had alpine but i have heard many good things about their HU's

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
thanks a lot lee. anybody else have anything??

Bronze Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 63
Each one is very good. I think the 9855 only has 2 volt preamp outs, i dont remember and im too lazy too check but if u are adding amps then that becomes a factor. the 9835 has 4 volt preamp outs and the Pioneer premier has 6 volt. I would say go w/ alpine because they are better than Pioneer but I like the Pioneer decks and I've heard that Alpine HUs do not have treble and bass controls which kinda sux.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
thanks rds. i think i am leaning towards the alpine. and it does have an equalizer so wouldnt that control treble and bass?

Bronze Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 67
Thats wat im tryin to figure out, if u find out lemme kno, i kno there are preset EQs but they are unable to be changed, u kno like Flat, Rock, Pop, Super Bass, etc.

Bronze Member
Username: Bnh142

Post Number: 52
You can custom set the EQ as well. Also the 9851 and below have more conventional bass/treble controls I believe.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us