High level output quality???

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Post Number: 133
I plan on getting a couple of subs and was wondering how much different in sound quality there would be if i am running a stock HU compared to the nakamich cd-400??? My plan is to get to Shivas and a memphis 500 watta amp to power them. If it would not sound good using the high level output i would then get the Nakamichi CD-400. If i would have to get one i would use it to power the front as there is a separate amp in the back for the back speakers(stock). I would also be using a bought enclosure because i dont want to build one. What do you think of this??? These are the specs on the sub enclosure
text/htmlUpload
OBCGZ32812.html (48.7 k)

Silver Member

Post Number: 134
Bump.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 924
ok, you'd be much happier with the aftermarket headunit, it'll have alot more control (EQ wise.

Just on a side note, if you plan on installing the headunit yourself i hope you know what your doing because its a pain to wire an aftermarket headunit to work with a stock amp, i think you're actually just gonna have to bypass that amp...

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
Why would it be hard to do it with the stock amp?

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 926
i beleive it has something to do with the speakers, and how everythigns wired right now...harness...i dont really know, i'm sure glass or jonathon can give you a more definative answer

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
would it be a good idea to just get a cheap 2 channel amp to power a couple 6X9's. My plan right now is to get a pair of 6.5" 3-way co-axials and power them with the cd-400 because they are only 15 watts rms. Would i really need the 6X9's at all then after i get the shivas?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1056
i got one word on the factory headunit to the replacement "voltage" that factor alone will make a major diference in the quality of sound in your system the more you have and your amps can handle the better
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us