Head deck distortion at low levels. HELP

GlenCox
Unregistered guest
Hi, I have a panasonic head deck CQ-C1300W head deck and I can start hearing distortion at just over half way, the volume goes from 0 - 40, and it starts sounding distorted at about 25 - 30.
I thought it may just be my speakers but it is distorting on my subs aswell which are running off a seperate amp. Is the head deck the problem? does the signal start getting distorted when turned up just over half way?

Any help is appreciated.

y
Unregistered guest
are u runnin a amp for ur in car speakersers if so check to see where ur rca's are runnin if there runnin with ur amps power wire that could be the cause of the distortion

GlenCox
Unregistered guest
No the speakers are not running off the amp, they are running directly off the head deck.

Bronze Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 36
Are you running the stock speakers? They may not be able to handle what your HU is putting out

Check your gains to see if they are properly set. It might be clipping causing the distortion in the subs.

Bronze Member
Username: Yamahaboy

Orland Park, Illinois USA

Post Number: 42
he said his subs were distorting too...im having the same proble with my alpine type S's (i think thats the type) but i dont know what its doing it...other people said its the head unit "clipping" but i don't know
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us