Kicker amp

Bronze Member
Username: Krijgy

Smithfield, Virginia United states

Post Number: 41
i'm getting a kicker 1200.1 amp and two 15" oz matrix elites. would this amp be able to supply sufficient power for both subs? (amp: 1200x1 at 1 ohm) ( subs:700 rms 1400 max) i know that this amp will only give about 600 watts a piece but cant that amp give out a little more that 1200 watts?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1340
That'll depend on the manufacturer. For example, Zapco/Arc Audio/Orion/US Amps under rate their power numbers and use 12 as a measuring source. So if they advertise 1000W @ 12v, then you'll get much more at 14.4v. Cheaper manufacturers will use 14.4v rating as their power number.
How much are you paying for Kicker amp? Orion HCCA 2100 will more than outpower kicker amp 1200.1 and probably cost less.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
dont know if it was a deal but i bought it for $680 how much does that orion cost?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1407
That is not a bad price but for $680, you are almost in the Zapco/Arc Audio/Orion/PPI/Xtant range. I've seen Zapco C2K 9 on sale for $800 on eBay before. That amp was 2000W rms. RF and Kickers are a good brand, but as you go higher in price, there are much better brands.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
true but my question is will that kicker amp put out more than 1200 watts at 1 ohm cause if that amp runs 1200 rms i might be fine with that one amp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1409
Yes, you will be fine, most "good" brands will put out more than stated.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
great you have been so much help, one more question isaac, with my setup would you get a second amp for those subs?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1420
No, you don't want to get 2 amps for the subs. It's a waste of money and power. If you haven't purchased the amp yet, then take a look at Orion 2500D amp. It is very powerful. I've tested Audiobahn DUP1800D 1800W rms amp. Very nice for $359.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
i've already purchased the amp, do you think i should have gone with something else or am i ok with this one?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1423
You're just fine with that amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us