Hifonics Brutus BX 2200D 1 x 2200 Watts RMS @ 1-Ohm

Bronze Member
Username: Avalanche

Post Number: 91
Hi Group.

Couple of questions about this amp.
I just came across one and I don't know what to think of the line.

2. Does anyone know where I can find specs like what is the power consumption on this amp. Plus fuse size.
3rd. Do they really put out the type of power that they claim.

Your opinions are well appreciated.

sigepscbeta
Unregistered guest
i heard hifonics is really good, i'm about to get a bx1000d or bx1500d for my two kicker 10l5s.

Answer to your Q though:
550 watts x 1 channel into 4 Ohms
1100 watts x 1 channel into 2 Ohms
2200 watts x 1 channel into 1 Ohm

and yes that is real watts..not crappy sony, lanzar, boss....etc. AND>>i think that is RMS not the MAX. so wire your subs accordingly

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1301
Hifonics amps are not that great. The only reason why lot of people buy it is cause of the low price. If you notice the common pattern, people that buy cheap amps always tend to want more power, like 1000w - 3000w.
Before you go spending money, go listen to a good amp. You'd be surprised how little power it takes to get great sounding bass.
A good example is Orion HCCA 250G4 amp. It's rated 50w rms x 2 @4ohms. You may laugh at that, but compare it to the Hifonics amp, and you'll see what under rated means.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 552
well that orion goes down to .5 ohms, which amazing. its more like 400 at 1 ohm. that is a very good and precise point "The only reason why lot of people buy it is cause of the low price. If you notice the common pattern, people that buy cheap amps always tend to want more power," i give that the advice of the week. that is very true and yes im one of those people. im gettting a hifonics but for 125 bucks. yes i wish i had the patience to save money and buy a nice amp but i dont. isaac is right, they arent the best amps but if you are looking for cheap power there you go.

patienceisvirtual
Unregistered guest
"but for 125 bucks. yes i wish i had the patience to save money and buy a nice amp but i dont. isaac is right, they arent the best amps but if you are looking for cheap power there you go."
Maaaan..that is soooo true.. :-)Im in the same boat.. ahah

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
Well for the power that it puts out it is not bad. I actually hoocked it up to 3 10's and it is sounding good. I have a huge US Amps 3000 that is truelly 3000 WRMS but it takes a lot of power to make that thing really perform. for example 450 amps of current to get the true power which is around 4000 wrms @ 14.4 and if you give it 16 volts I have no idea this came from US Amps themselves. So untill I can buy the new HO Alternator getting a new Hifonics brutus 2200 for almost nothing is good. Thank you for the input. I appreciate the responce. I will let you all know what I find and see if it actually puts out the 2200 WRMS at 1 ohm.
Is there a way for me to measure how much power is being put out by a amp. Does anyone know how to test that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
any Ideas on how to test a amp and see how much power it is actually putting out. I would be interested to hear what you guys think.

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
any Ideas on how to test a amp and see how much power it is actually putting out. I would be interested to hear what you guys think.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 612
i think a local shop will test them if they have the equiip. they might charge some money though
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us