Could someone with winISD please help me

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 127
I am seriously on the verge of crying lol...i have spend like 3 hours trying to use this thing and i finally got done(i thought) and it gave me a box smaller than my sub...im trying to build a box for a 10 inch eclipse aluminum model number 88100....the manual didnt really help and i used the Help button on winISD and it helped me...i thought....and well please if you are good at this will you please help me get the dimensions for a sealed or ported box that will be the absolute best....please...thank you soooo much...i will love the person who does this lol...

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 131
to the top guys

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 135
im going with a sealed box but i need dimensions someone please help me...PLEASE

Silver Member
Username: Redskin

LondonEngland

Post Number: 124
So whats the exact problem you have then? Did you enter your subs parameters correctly? Is there such a thing as an absolute best best box?

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 137
i thought i did...but the box that came out was like smaller than the sub its self

Silver Member

LondonEngland

Post Number: 125
What are your subs TS parameters then?

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 139
the what

Silver Member

LondonEngland

Post Number: 127
Hmmmm......for winisd to work you need to enter the Thiele-Small parameters for your sub. These include things like fs,vas,xmax,qts,bl,re,le,pe and a bunch of others. The minimum you need for box caculation is fs,qts and vas. Contact your subs maker for these if you don't already have them. Best of luck.

Anonymous

does anyone know how to match your subs box to your car interior volume for total sonic excellence? Does this even make any since?

Anonymous

does anyone know how to match your subs box to your car interior volume for total sonic excellence? Does this even make any since?

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 148
yea i know i entered in as much info as i had...like most of that stuf....and for some reason the box came out extremely Small like i think smaller than the sub for some reason....i also dont know what each of those things are anyways....could you please tell me each of those things litterally are...thanks....

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3153
"does anyone know how to match your subs box to your car interior volume for total sonic excellence? Does this even make any since?"
You'd need an RTA. It can be done, it's just difficult to do. You'd have to build a box for a subwoofer that has a known frequency response in an anechoic (no cabin gain, just open air like a HUGE room) setup. Then, you'd put that box inside your vehicle to see how the car affects the frequency response due to cabin gain. After that, you could go on WinISD and setup a box optimized for that.

Subfanatic, I can't find the T/S parameters to run WinISD, but just going off my head, around .65-.75 works well for those subwoofers.

Silver Member

LondonEngland

Post Number: 128
If you entered "most of that stuff" just post it, then we can all enter it in to our favourite box designing programs and see what we get.

http://www.diysubwoofers.org/define.htm

Try this link for an explanation of TS parameters.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 150
ok lets see this is was the book says lol

size=10 inch DVC
DC-R=3.1 horseshoe/coil
Fs=26Hz
Qts=0.4
Vas=2.10ft squared
SPL/W/M=84.9Db
QES=.513
Qms=5.6
Sd=.0357M squared

thats all it say....it should all be right lol

Silver Member

LondonEngland

Post Number: 129
Sealed 0.4-1.6cuft
ported 1.5cuft@30/35hz to 3cft@23hz or higher to give you higher spl.

When you say box is smaller than sub I assume you mean it predicted a box less than 2.1cuft?

Rememeber to add the volume of the sub (about .1cft unless its got a massive magnet) and port to box volumes to end up with the total volume required.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 156
i built a box today and i think it was somwhere around 1.6 maybe...guessing haha...no idea really lol...and its got a pretty massive magnet
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us