Alpine V12 doesnt produce sound

Silver Member
Username: Xxkmfdmxx

FL USA

Post Number: 286
I just picked up a Alpine V12, hooked it up and it powered on fine but I get no sound output. What could the problem be? Everything inside the amp looks fine. Is there any kind of tests I can do to find out why its not produceing sound?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1317
To test the amp, unhook the rca wires from your HU first. Take one of the wire and touch the rca with your thumb lightly. If the speakers are hooked up right and the amp is okay, it'll produce a hum. If it doesn't, try the other rca. If you hear nothing at all, check the amp's light status. Look for any sign of protection. If that's okay, then it could be that your speaker wires are shorting the amp's output terminals.

Bronze Member
Username: Marley289

Post Number: 75
if thats not the problem, send it into alpine. thats the same thing that happened to my friend, same exact thing actually. everything worked but there was no sound. send it in and alpine will fix it. the only thing is that it will cost you probally like 7 bucks to send it in.

Silver Member

FL USA

Post Number: 287
I'll try that tomorrow Isaac, Thanks for your help. And I dont think the amp is still under warranty since its one of the older V12s so would I still be able to return it to them to fix?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1323
You can try and return it but I'm sure they'll charge you. Find out what the cost is, if it's greater than 50% of what you paid for, then forget it. You might as well get a new amp. It'll save you some headaches in the long run.

Silver Member

FL USA

Post Number: 301
I tried what you said and got nothing, I only bought the amp for $25, was suppose to be working but oh well. I'll give alpine a call and see how much they'll charge. Its just a amp I bought at a garage sale. I wasn't planning on useing it, Just wanted it for a backup incase something happens to my current amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us