What ohms would i get with this wiring setup

Bronze Member
Username: Forcesofchaos

Post Number: 64
i have two dual 4 ohm subs, (shivas) in one vented box. and ive connected both coils together and also both subs to a mono amp (kicker 600.1)
my question is what should be the ohm output

+ -
- +

for each sub (if i remember right) i put the + to the + and - to the -. then one of the + and - (same coil) to the amp.. did this with both subs each sub should produce a 2 ohm load right? then is the amp only putting out 2 ohms or 1?

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 444
1ohm.... I thought the Shiva's only came in dual 8ohm I could be wrong but thats what I thought.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3143
Shivas are dual 8 ohm, wired in parallel they will present a 2 ohm load to the amp, perfect for that Kicker 600.1.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 445
yeah thats what I thought.

Bronze Member
Username: Forcesofchaos

Post Number: 66
oh yah i forgot, HUDGE relief... the reason is my amp stopped working i was listening to it one day and it just stopped. so i was reading instruction manual then i started thinking they were 4 ohms (forgot they were 8) so i thought i have a 1 ohm load to the amp and thats why it stopped. now that i wired it corectly.

Anyone have ideas of how i could fix the amp. the two lights Red and green dont turn on at all. im goin to friends right now to get his power meter to see if its getting power but im pretty sure it is ill let u know..

Thanks Again, Means warranty is still valid :D
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us