Sony CD Changer Lacks Bass - HELP!!

Username: Garros

Post Number: 1
Hi... I have just bought a car and it has a Sony CDX-605 changer fitted. When playing CDs it sounds tinny and lacks bass. The tuner on the head unit sounds fine. Any ideas??

Bronze Member
Username: Gecko

Post Number: 30
Is the cd changer an rf-modulator (you listen to the cd's by tuning to 89.3 or somesuch radio station) or is it connected directly to a head unit that has changer controls?
Knowing that will help with the trouble shooting.

-Pete

kgs57
Unregistered guest
I can't get the artist name and songname etc.. to display. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Username: Garros

Post Number: 2
Pete-
The CD changer is connected directly to the head unit. The head unit (Sony XR-C450RDS) has the D-BASS switch (Off-1-2-3) and switching it from Off to 3 makes very, very little difference, but with the tuner there is a big difference. Help!!

kgs57-
I thought that only works with CDs encoded with CD-text (and not that many are - I think), and you need a CD player with CD-text decoding abilities.

kgs57
Unregistered guest
I bought a Durabrand WMS 7100 MP3 and I believe that this CD changer has the capability of displaying the songname and artist. I have tried CD's that were bought from the store as well as CD's that were recorded and display on another stereo system of mine.

Unregistered guest
Hello guys and girls !!

I want to come in contact with kgs57; he bought a durabrand WMS 7100 MP3.

His txt was : "I bought a Durabrand WMS 7100 MP3 and I believe that this CD changer has the capability of displaying the songname and artist. I have tried CD's that were bought from the store as well as CD's that were recorded and display on another stereo system of mine."

NOw I have a question. I lossed the cable between the cd player ande the remot unit. I want to replace it but i dont know wether it is a cable with 6 straight cable in one or not. Please can the guy who named himself KGS57 reply to me

Jacquar@cistron.nl Holland; I bought the cdplayer in USA last december. The cable is lost in a HOtel in USA . Stupid me....

Unregistered guest
I have a durabrand WMS 7100 MP3 it blew a fuse and when I changed it all it will say on the remote is "no connection" any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. I am hooked up through the FM modulator in case that helps.

Thanks!!!

Unregistered guest
Help. Recently my CD reception seems to be overpowered by the radio band which is closest to it. My CD runs thorugh 88.3 and the radio band is 88.5. What can I do to fix it?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us