Need a loud daily driver, under 200 bucks.

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 385
I need something that will sound good for daily driving, but I want it loud too. Needs to be under 200 bucks. Only gonna have 300 watts rms pushing it though. That's the hard part. I'm open to any suggestions.

Bronze Member
Username: Cb9869

Post Number: 44
You're right, for 300 watts RMS, it will be hard to find an amazing SPL contender. The only think I can think of right now (probably because I have one) is an Atlas 12". It's recommended wattage is 250-350, so you are spot there. The atlas is for sure the best value at this moment. At $145, it may just be the best SQ (which is what I wanted) woofer right now. As for how loud it gets... I guess it holds it's own. It's no X.X.X or even IDMAX in the SPL department. Of course I wasn't in mind for SPL, so my opinion may be biased. BTW Tuan over at SD, hit 140 with an atlas 12. Of course this was with 1200w in a rear horn :-D

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 387
Yeah. I was looking at an Atlas actually, but my amp doesn't push 300 watts at 4 ohms.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 389
Does anybody know how loud Type R's get? How do they compare to other subs, like Shiva's.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3142
The Shivas are the louder sub, but in your situation you'd be better served with the Type R since you can get a dual 4 ohm version (Shiva only comes in dual 8 ohm). With low power, IMO the best thing you can do is choose a sub with a lot of surface area (like 15") and build a really good ported box to get some output out of it.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 390
Alright. Thanks Jonathan.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 907
not to thread hi-jack here but hey chris, how you like that atlas you got?

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 391
Yeah I was wondering the same thing. I could easily sell my amp and get a somewhat bigger one. I really wanted to try an Atlas.

Silver Member
Username: Rob_brown

Post Number: 120
My dad has always been into loud music and stuff and ever since he heard my system he has been going crazy how he would like to have one and blah, blah, blah. Do you like your atlas? I was thinking of getting him a 12" for his birthday and hooking him up with a little system. He already has a componet set in his car. Does it have good SQ and high spl or what? Thanks man.

infinity is good
Unregistered guest
you guys should try the infinity 12" reference series DVC they are rated 1200 max but 300 RMS they hit hard to and they only cost about 50 bucks on e-bay goog SQ and SPL

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 116
mmats pro series 12 inch 250 rms...and it f*cking pounds....go to ebay.com
search mmats...

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 403
Really. You've heard these mmats personall? I have looked at those too, just didn't know how good the lower models were.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us