New to subs and systems

Username: Mysta_klepto

Post Number: 1
I need some help as to buying a system for my car. I have a toyota carolla 1997. I want somthing that quakes down the street but also sounds good inside. Im new to systems so I don't really know what to get. If anyone could have any advice or help please let me know. As far as money im willing to spend a little bit but nothing excessive, im not trying to go into major compitition but still want somthing to turn heads. Thanks alot.

Username: Dankman

Granger, Indiana United States

Post Number: 7
Go to www.woofersetc.com you get great deals on their and go with two eclipse aluminum 12's they are loud as hell but you need a custom made box for them built with all the right air space and feet but it tells you or whoevers making your box in the manual. I had a audio store build me a ported box for my eclipse 12's and they got all the exact cubic feet and air space they need and WOW these subs are LOUD and they have great Sound Quality. HAHA its like a kick in the back it hits soo hard.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 363
hey dankman you sure your not a eclipse rep you are trying to push those subs pretty hard on everyone? lol!

Silver Member
Username: Rob_brown

Post Number: 115
There are others, like the RE X.X.X or the Adire Brahma. The Eclipse are great subs also. Are you on a tight budget? You could also look at Ascendant Audio, they're a new company with a great speaker (from what i've heard, uses the Xbl^2 motor), and low prices.

Post Number: 2
we'll for a whole system im looking to spend pretty much no more than about 800 give or take a few dollars.Like everyone i want the best for my money. And i want a all around system too

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 374
I would look into Ascendant Audio. www.AscendantAudio.com They are cheap and supposed to be great subs.

Bronze Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 61
When you say all around do mean like sub, box, amp, front and rear Speakers, and head unit. Not to mention costs of wiring, installation, dynamat, capacitors, etc.

Ya, it can get kind of costly.

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 339
For all around, you are better off switching brand's! It is cheeper, and not all companies are strong in every department! For head unit's, look at Pioneer, Alpine, Eclipse. Speaker's, look at Mb Quart, Infinity, and a few other's.
As for sub's just depend's on how much money.
Same for amp's. Hifonic's makes good cheep amp's. Mtx, Jbl, Kicker, Rockford also make grate amp's.

Post Number: 4
yes i was talking about everything,not instalation a friend will help me. but i do need everything.

Bronze Member
Username: Rob315

Syracuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 57
Dankman...eclipse called for you, they said....

GET OFF THEIR NUTS!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 564
harsh......

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 134
HAHA....he just likes eclipse like me...let him be lol....but for 800 you really should look into somen else...before buying anything just figure how much it will cost...for each thing...maybe some things should come first...get a new hu first...subs arent neccessary then get new speakers then get ready and save and actually put some good money into subs unless you can get real cheap ones from friends like i do lol....i wish you luck

Bronze Member
Username: Rob315

Syracuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 58
harsh??? c'mon now...every thread he posts in its the same thing every time. i didnt mean it to be harsh though, just funny.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 394
yeah man I thought it was pretty funny. You are right every single one of his posts is pushing the Eclips alum's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us