Help with Alpine 9831 EQ

Username: Bdog12

CA USA

Post Number: 1
I'm a little stereo iliterate. Could someone help explain what the 4 bands (1-4) mean as far as bass and treble are concerned? I've messed around with it for a few days now, but just can't seem to get it right. I know this is a good unit by reviews of people who've got it, so I want to take full advantage of it. Help if you can.

Username: Jallen013

Post Number: 2
the lower the number the lower the frequency...just remember that "K" stands for thousand.

if you want to adjust a specific frequency to match your speakers then sellect that frequency in the band in which it is available. if you just want to set a nice 4-frequency tonal curve then sellect the center most frequency in each of the bands and adjust according to your likes.

if i remember correctly the frequencies get high as the bands get higher, but i may be incorrect.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3126
Ideally, you wouldn't have to use an equalizer in your system. In the real world, you do due to acoustic properties of the environment. The best thing to do would be to take it to a car audio shop and use an RTA to set the equalizer, next best would be to listen to a reference system (such as a home audio system) and then compare your car to that. Whatever your car lacks or has too much of, you can adjust by ear.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us