Top component brands.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 367
Im tryin to build my friends system and i need to know some names of the best components. Money is not really an issue here. Thanks for any input. Oh yeah its goin in an avalanche.

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 353
dyn's are pretty much top of the line till you get into crazy crazy prices

Silver Member

Post Number: 368
well my friend is lookin to spend about 7000 bucks on his whole system. I figured that dyn would be the one. thanks dude.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3062
Dynaudio, Rainbow (hard to find, though), MB Quart, Boston Acoustics Z series, Focal Utopia, Morel. There are many great ones out there.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 466
Jonathan, what do you think about the Z series bostons. I had the pros in my last stereo and really loved them, however I have't had a chance to hear the Zs yet. Oh yeah I am moving to germany in may, so I might be able to get rainbows for a good price. I will keep you informed once I see what they are going for over there.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3065
I was very impressed when I heard them, a change over the newer (IMO degrading compared to older ones) Pros and others. They are excellent components, they aren't as harsh as the Pros can be and give great sound quality. They also have good midbass and can get pretty loud, of course I guess you'd expect that with the power you'd give them. I like the custom install accessories they come with too, a bunch of options for the tweeter.

Silver Member

Post Number: 374
thanks Jon, you da man. lol

unlimited
Unregistered guest
You might also consider DLS Iridium components. Just made available in the U.S. and VERY successful in IASCA competitions. Haven't heard them yet, but they have great credentials. WHERE CAN I HEAR DYNAUDIO, DLS, FOCAL... ???

unlimited
Unregistered guest
You might also consider DLS Iridium components. Just made available in the U.S. and VERY successful in IASCA competitions. Haven't heard them yet, but they have great credentials. WHERE CAN I HEAR DYNAUDIO, DLS, FOCAL... ???

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3109
DLS Iridiums are fantastic components if you can get your hands on them. You'll have to do a dealer search to find places that carry those brands. Unfortunately, most of them won't have all those components in one shop, you'll likely be driving from place to place.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3110
"Oh yeah I am moving to germany in may, so I might be able to get rainbows for a good price. I will keep you informed once I see what they are going for over there."

I appreciate it. I found a couple of places online that carried Rainbow, but I've heard them before so I'm more confident in what I'd be getting opposed to someone who'd only have an opinion to go by. When you're spending that much on components, you'd prefer not to just blindly order some online if you haven't heard them. I'm considering the Rainbow Platinums for my next install, I'm down between the Dynaudio 240 Esotar set and the Platinums. I'm leaning toward the Platinums simply because they're not as common and I haven't done the Rainbow route, I've only heard them a couple times (fantastic speakers, BTW).

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 472
Not a problem man, I will get your email from glass or you can send it to me and I will keep you informed.

Silver Member

Post Number: 380
How much do you think those DLS components cost??

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3112
Somewhere approaching $1000 (or more), can't remember off the top of my head.

Silver Member

Post Number: 382
dam thats alot, i dont think he needs that. thanks Jon.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 203
how about the alpine F#1 status 3 way component set?? anyone herd that?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3114
Haven't heard the components, but they use Scanspeak Revelator drivers (optimized for cars), so if you've heard Scanspeak home speakers, it'll give you an idea as far as timber and tonality.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3117
"dam thats alot, i dont think he needs that. thanks Jon"
Yep. They're made in Sweden, top quality stuff. You can get the speakers for less than that, just like you can Dynaudios and other brands. If you think that's a lot, you ought to see the price for Rainbow Reference components. The 3 ways retail around $10,000.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 204
wow i thought the f1 status stuff was expensive thats just more sickening how do u even justify selling such a small item for that much money lol

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3121
The craftsmanship of them can't be beaten honestly, and they have a lifetime warranty with membership card to Rainbow events, etc. It's a status thing. For example, the crossovers use Kimber Cable all the way through, that's expensive enough in itself.
http://car.rainbow-audio.de/products/introduction.php?lan=3&pro=1
This is the page of technologies used:
http://car.rainbow-audio.de/products/technology.php?lan=3&pro=1&lin=1
It isn't worth it to most, but I myself wouldn't see it as a bad choice IF I decided I were going to hold on to them for a lifetime. Saying I've spend thousands on components already, I'd probably break even in the long run.

Silver Member

Post Number: 388
HOLY SH!T!!! lol dam Jon, thats alot for those speakers. I guess they're reall good though. I was planning on getting some really good components for this guy's avalanche but he says he's not really that worried about the highs and mids. so we'll prolly get some infinity 3 way replacements. well thanks for the responses Jon and everybody.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3131
sigh. Car audio is becoming so boring nowadays, nobody wants good sound quality anymore or pinpoint imaging, just loud subs. oh well.

Silver Member

Post Number: 390
Hey man, I would love to have great components like that, but i cant afford that, this guy i know can but he dont want it. Its wierd. Mybe i can give him my 3 way 4x6's and he can buy me the components lol. If I could crab all year long and sell them for the same price all year, i would have the best sounding audio equipment i could buy. It would be so great, so much SQ and a good bit of SPL but mostly SQ. I got to stop dreaming now, Im getting depressed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us