Need help on what to get newbie at car audio systems

Username: Meyers_313

Post Number: 1
I have a 1999 chevy silverado extended cab and am looking to put a good system into it but am lost on what would be considered good I have aroung $1600 but i need a new cd player on the car because i only have the factory model

Bronze Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 59
For that price you could put quite a nice system in that truck, especially if you install it yourself and save that extra dough.
As far as what to put in there opinions will vary greatly depending on who you talk to.
I have a 2001 Silverado Xcab w/Alpine CDA-9831 & Sirius tuner, an Audiobahn A1504DP 4 channel digital amp giving 150rms@4ohms to CDT CL-62's in the front doors & giving 450rms@1ohm to each of 2 10" Alpine type R's in a subbox made for the Silverado Xcab by supercrewsound.com & all the wiring for the install from knukonceptz.com...I shopped on Ebay for most of the stuff and got it all for around $1100.
I've never had a problem with Audiobahn amps but stay away from their speakers & subs (in my opinion anyway).
You'll have everyone and their mother advising you on what to get. Best thing you can do is take as many of the suggestions you can get on products, go listen to them & see what best suits your taste in music and your ears.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us