Tweeters

Bronze Member
Username: Pologreen

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 21
I'm on the hunt for some tweeters. Thanks to Jonathan I've decided to rule out horns. I would like to keep the price around $100-150. Who makes the nicer ones? Please give specific part numbers. Could you please let me know which ones are bright or neutral. Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3161
We can start by addressing what you want in a tweeter. Do you prefer bright tweeters or neutral ones? That way we can start listing tweeters that will fit your needs.

Bronze Member

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 22
Well, to be honest, I've never had a 2 way set up. I think I would lean towards a bright tweet, but not a harsh one. The Treble is turned most of the way up in my cars, if that helps...lol. I think I need a brighter tweeter in my two seater, because of the resonance of the exhaust. It's not real loud, but's it's louder than the stock exhaust. I have a pair of Boston Pros (5.25) (ebay) that I will be using for mids in this car, 'cause they will fit in the factory kick panals. I need a more neutral set of tweets for my daily driver though. So, I'm shopping for two systems. Thanks!

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3163
"The Treble is turned most of the way up in my cars, if that helps...lol."
Honestly, if you haven't had systems with tweeters, you need to listen to some. With stock components and midbass drivers, their impedance curve rolls off before they can produce a lot of treble. Turning up the treble really won't give you an idea of how much tweet you want, 15-20khz can plain out hurt with a tweeter that is too bright. The Infinity Kappa tweeters are a very nice metal dome, not harsh, but a little bright and detailed. JL Xrs are good, and are cheaper as well. You can also find the Focal TN-51 Utopia tweeter online for around $175 (prob even cheaper on ebay) and that is one of the best metal domes you're going to get your hands on. As far as a soft set of tweeters, the Dynaudio MD100 tweets are very good, as are Morel, DLS, and CDT's soft domes. Again you can find them online in certain places for good prices.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3164
"The Treble is turned most of the way up in my cars, if that helps...lol."
Honestly, if you haven't had systems with tweeters, you need to listen to some. With stock components and midbass drivers, their impedance curve rolls off before they can produce a lot of treble. Turning up the treble really won't give you an idea of how much tweet you want, 15-20khz can plain out hurt with a tweeter that is too bright. The Infinity Kappa tweeters are a very nice metal dome, not harsh, but a little bright and detailed. JL Xrs are good, and are cheaper as well. You can also find the Focal TN-51 Utopia tweeter online for around $175 (prob even cheaper on ebay) and that is one of the best metal domes you're going to get your hands on. As far as a soft set of tweeters, the Dynaudio MD100 tweets are very good, as are Morel, DLS, and CDT's soft domes. Again you can find them online in certain places for good prices.

Bronze Member

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 23
Thanks man. I don't ever plan on buying stuff on ebay, but I snatch up what I think are good deals when they come up. Of course I end up with a lot of stuff I'll never use. It's just so dang easy to do a search there..lol. Both factory car stereo systems are getting fully replaced, so I do a lot of researching and shopping. I'm trying to decide if I should use the passive crossovers that come with the components, or an active one. I've already picked up two Audio Control crossovers. One 3XS and one 4XS.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us