WANTED-Orion HCCA 225g4

Bronze Member
Username: Joebruce

Post Number: 23
I was wondering if anyone knows where i could get one of thes amps new/used.I have looked on ebay and cant find any.If anyone has one or 2 of these for sale, i am very interested so please let me no.Or if there are any sites out there that have them.Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Ive also heard these amps are VERY under rated,I need 400-500 watts rms x1 at 2ohms.Will this amp give me that or around that? Oh and I found one brand new for $330 shipped BRAND NEW!! Believe it or not.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1280
I have HCCA 250G4, and let me tell you, it is one of the best amp I tested.
225G4 is half the power of 250G4 but it still a very nice amp. You will get much more than 400W rms.
Using that amp to power a sub would be a waste cause of what it can do with component speakers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
well i was goona get 2 one for my components and one for my sub. Is that a bad idea?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1282
No, they'll sound very good. I'm using my amp to push component speakers.
I like the Intelli Q control.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Or should i get a class d amp for my sub? I was also looking at the zapco ref. 500.1 it puts out 500rms x1 at 2ohms.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1286
Unless you're getting Zapco C2K 6 or Reference 750, I'd go with Orion HCCA G4 amp. Trust me you will get 500W rms or more from 225G4 bridged.
It's very clean power too. You can't compare class D amps to G4. You won't find too many amps that can out power a sub amp and at the same time power components.
Words can't describe what that amp can do, you'll just have to experience one.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us