I want an Alpine system, what do you all suggest? (Taylor 17)

Username: Surfer6099

FL

Post Number: 10
I want to get a nice system but I dont know what is the best for the price. I want JL's but there so expensive, what is some comparable Alpine stuff. I really want to know about subs but speakers too (and of course amps). And what are prices for that stuff. I got a car but I dont want to put a new head unit in cause its one of the full console ac and radio units, how would I hook that up?

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 268
As far as Alpine subs, git 2 type X's. Then git 2 MRD-m1001's to push them. Don't know if you want to or not, you may just want 1 sub!
If you git 2 sub's, and both amp's I listed, you will probubly need a bigger alternator as well!
Speaker's are hard to say, I would recomend going to a shop and listening to there speaker's, then look for them on the internet!
You don't have to change head unit's, but it would make your system a lot better! With an aftermarket hu, you can change more setting's than you can with a stock hu!

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 269
You can find all of this at www.sonicelectronix.com don't know if they are the cheepist or not, someone else might be able to tell you a cheeper place.
Alpine type X 12 $249 for 1 sub
Alpine MRD-m1001, $499 for 1 amp!

Bronze Member

FL

Post Number: 12
DUDE TAYLOR, THOSE LOOK SWEET, but I only want about 500 rms to each sub and just get one 1000/1 amp and another amp for speaks. What alpine subs do u reccomend for 500 a peice. I could buy good subs and run them a little lower than rms but what else.What are the type r rms or 2 10" type x's. What would you say

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 275
The X's will work with 500 watt's, not sure but I think the R's are rated at like 350 watt's!

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 276
If you stick with the X's, the 12's would be better, the 10's have the exact same requirement's and are $239 a sub. Not much cheeper.
The R's, for 10 inch, 300 watt's rms, but can handle more, for $99 per sub. Big price difference. lol
12 inch R, same 300 watt's rms and is $109, just depends on if you want 10's or 12's!

Bronze Member

FL

Post Number: 13
Ive heard that if you dont run subs at there rms level, they sound bad. But that could just be my brother trying to annoy me. Will those type x's SQ be better at 500 watts than a w3v2 at 400 watts. Just a question

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 277
Sorry, I can't really anser that one!
It is alway's better to run the sub as close to it's rms as possable, but if the box is built right, the sub won't need as much power to reach it's full excursion!

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 287
yes the type x's will sound better than the w3v2's. If you have 1000 watts rms I would try 1-alpine type X,JL w7,ID max 12,REXXX,Brahma,ect.....Dont know what your budget is but I think you would be better off with 1 better sub at 1000 watts then 2-under powered subs. Thats my opinion.
James

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 291
Ya, I agree with James, I would rather have 1 sub with 1000 watt's than 2 sub's with 500 watt's.
James, what about the surfrace areia, with 2 it will move more air, or will the power with 1 sub make up for it?

Silver Member

Ct

Post Number: 288
well when you add subs you gain about 3db's when you double the power. two subs with 500 watts each to a 500 watts rms sub would be louder but 500 watts to two subs 1000 watt rms would be underpowered so if you give a 1000 watt rms subb 1000 watts it would be louder and clearer than if you gave two of the same 500/piece. A waste of money really IMO.

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 360
If you get the new Type R's then you could run the MRD M1001 to them both. The new Type R 12's are 500 watts rms, and the 15's are 750 rms. I'm sure you could run 2 15's if you wanted and not have any problems, but 2 12's would match up perfectly.

Anonymous

The old Type-R's are a great sub, and new ones are supposed to be better. I wasn't impressed with JL's low end subs.
RMS is a rough recommendation. The larger the box the less power it takes a sub to reach full excrusion up until the box size reaches infinite baffle or free-air. If you go with the recommended box size and rms, you're generally pretty safe for good sound quality. A single 10" sounds great in a hatchback, but you can also do a pair of 12" for pretty cheap.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 295
Joe, where can I look at the new type R? Aren't they supposed to look like the type X's?

Silver Member

Ct

Post Number: 296
www.alpine-usa.com

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 298
Thank's james

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Silverdale, WA

Post Number: 181
I run three 12inch type r's... Underpowered and it still sounds great! The new type r's are 500rms a piece.

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Silverdale, WA

Post Number: 182
Agh I just saw that James already wrote this!!!

Silver Member

Ct

Post Number: 298
no prob man.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us