12" type X and boss amp?

alpinex1426
Unregistered guest
ok i am going to be using 1 alpine 12" type X... RMS is 1000 and 3000 peak... i dont want to spend a fortune on an amp so i was wondering if i could use a boss audio IQ3KD.1 to power it. is it too much power for the X? it has 3x30 fuses. and it claims it produces 1200 watts at 4 ohms has a max power of 2200 at 2 ohms... so it should get around 1500 watts at 2 ohms RMS. is there any way i can turn down how much power it sends to the sub? basically the reason i want this is because its 200 dollars vs a 450 dollar amp for the same power.... so will the boss be ok for the X or will it be too much power for the X?

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 283
man stay away from Boss!
I know you don't want to have to sell your left nut or anything, but look at the Hifonic's BX1800D at
www.sonicelectronix
it is a sweet amp, and is $309.
It is way better than the Boss, it will put out cleaner and more reliable power!

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 284
Sorry, the website jacked up on me, try
www.sonicelectronix.com

Silver Member
Username: Xxkmfdmxx

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 268
Acutally, The Boss IQ amps are not that bad at all. It should be fine. I hear alot of good things about the IQ models considering its BOSS.

alpinex1426
Unregistered guest
what about the hifonic's 1500D ? it says it produces 1000 at 2 ohms and has 2x60 amps... one of the biggest things i am worried about using these cheaper amps is... well is there actual power versus what they claim they can produce? anyone have any actual power ratings for boss or hifonics amps??

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 285
I don't know about boss, but Hifonic's is really good with there rating's.
The Hifonic's 1500D put's out 1000 watt's at 2 ohm's? I thought it only put out 500 watts at 2 ohm's!

alpinex1426
Unregistered guest
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_360.html
1000 at 2 ohms.
my friend has a boss iq. 2 channel pushing his 2 audiobahns in his ranger that sound really good. the audiob's are rated at 500 rms

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 286
Ya i was just looking it up, you are right, 1000 at 2 ohm's. I was thinking of the 1000D.
The 1500D would work better than the BX1800D it only put out 900 watt's at 2 ohm's and is like 70 dollars more.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us