Need advice on Kicker L7

Anonymous

I got 2 2004 L7 today, they don't sound that good though they sound very sloppy, i am not sure what the problem is. I don't know if it is the amp i have or is it my box or what, i have a Rockford 1501bd amp with a custom made box for 3 12" L7, tomorrow i will put glue inside becouse the glue in it right no has cracked and maybe that is the problem. Or is it the way i wired it. My amp is a 2 ohm i think and i am not sure how to wire it really, i hooked up the negative from the amp to the first voice coil then the ran another wire fro the first voice ocil to the second negitve and did basically the same for the positive. positive to the positive so is that right. I just switched over from 3 Rockford Power Hx2 3112 and wanted to try something different but the problems i am having i think i should have stay with the Fosgates.

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 253
Man, don't tell me that! I have 2 10 punch hx2's and I was thinking about getting 2 10 l7's. I am using the Rockford p8002.
Just my luck:-)
Maby I will stay with my hx2's! lol

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 887
i was happy with my kicker solobarics, also look into wiring better or possibly a stronger amp because 3 subs are gonna use an odd ohm load and if you dont power the solobarics pretty well they dont sound too great. Granted they arent SQ subs either...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us