Volume Adjustment on Individual Parts of System

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 233
I'm looking for a piece of equipment, or even something I can build at home, if need be, to control the individual parts of my system, eg. sub, speakers, etc. I'm guessing I would a preamp for that, but I wasn't sure, and I wanted to see what other people thought about it.
Thanks for any help.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3073
You'd have to have an active crossover to do so, then you could adjust subs, mids, and tweeters individually.

Silver Member

New Jersey US

Post Number: 237
http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=215&1=216&3=445
Ok, would that product do?
Audiocontrol 24XS

A 2 way will give me a channel for my sub, and then a channel for my speakers, right? Or am I going to want something different. Any help or literature you can give me on this is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3083
All you want to do is speakers and sub? I thought you wanted to adjust everything separately, tweeters included. Most head units have a sub level control that you can adjust freely.

Silver Member

New Jersey US

Post Number: 238
Yea that's true, I honestly didn't think you could seperately adjust the tweeter from the midrange.

Ok, so I would send the RCAs from the HU to that, then one channel would go to my sub amp, and how would I make it so I could adjust the mids and tweeters since they'd be running off one amp? Would I not be using the crossover supplied? Need a 4 channel amp, 1 channel for each component piece?
Thanks for your patience thus far.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us