Playing MP3 in order they were recorded

Username: Kksoo

Milwaukee, WI USA

Post Number: 1
I record my operas in MP3 for playing in my Alpine cd in my car. I cannot get it to play in the order I recorded the operas. They are all mixed and rearranged. I have tried doing this several times using folders. Help.

ketch22
Unregistered guest
Same thing happens to me. I have tried Roxio and Music Match burners. And have tried looking at the options, but it doesn't play in any mp3 stereo I have in the order it was recorded. I place each artist in a separate folder and it doesn't work. When I open the CD on my computer, they are in the correct order though. Can anyone help?

Unregistered guest
Alpine plays them in alphabetical order I believe. What I do is put numbers at the start of the files (Example: 001, 002, 035... etc). That will put them in the correct order for you as numbered.

Unregistered guest
I agree with BrianH. I have recorded over 250 operas in MP3 and had this problem until I started prefixing 01,02,03 etc. Also be sure that you record the COMPLETE opera in one "go". Not act by act. I found that ROXIO 5 (NOT the later versions are excellent for this. If you want any help contact me at stancory@wmconnect.com

Username: Kksoo

Milwaukee, WI USA

Post Number: 3
Hi Brian and Stan: Thank you for the tip. Will try that. A friend suggested using tags which I have not figured out as yet. Adding numbers in front is down to earth enough.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us