Ti pro vs. w7

Anonymous

I am debating on whether to get two ti pro 15 or two jl w7. Which one is the better bet. I have two viper 2500 amps to power them. Any help would be great.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 478
well if you would like a spl oriented setup then run the ti pros will get very loud. if more sql then the w7. or if you like eclispe then you could run the tis. the pros are more for spl comps and not so much daily drivers

Bronze Member
Username: Rob_brown

Post Number: 94
Two 15Ti's would sound great and probably get a little louder than the two w7's because they're bigger. A friend of mine has a 15Ti and it's super clean.

Anonymous

thanks guys. would the amps be enough to power either of them?

Bronze Member
Username: Kickercomp

Tampa, FL USA

Post Number: 65
i have a 13w7 on the 1000/1 and my friend has a 15inch ti on the 1000 watt eclipse amp he does a 141 i do a 150 and mine is in an explorer his in a steeda focus

so for the 2 15"ti pros to beat 2 13w7s the ti pros better be alot, alot louder than the 15"ti

the ti is not an spl sub because i did 9dB louder which is about twice the audible volume with a speaker 2inches smaller.

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 355
the ti pros will kill the w7 imo

and a 15 ti can hit much more than 141 what amp and box did he have

Bronze Member
Username: Kickercomp

Tampa, FL USA

Post Number: 68
he had the proper eclipse 1000watt amp and had the correct sealed box...i know its not ported, but dont wast ur time arguing cause if it were ported perfectly the most he could have gained was 4dB. so say he has it ported.. he is doing a 145dB with a 15 and 1000watts and im doing a 150 with a 13 and 1000 watts he should be doing way louder than me if he has a bigger sub.

my system was made for my car ive been louder then a ford f150 and he had 2 12w7s ported. unless u made a box that was huge and just for one tone spl, my car is perfect the way the bass off the 13w7 in that exact enclosure resonates througout my car.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 483
well it seems that it isnt the sub that given you those high numbers it is your install and the freq. of your setup. the ti pro is a better sub then then the ti when it comes to spl. when it comes to high numbers, your install is more important then the sub you are running. for i high spl car you just need a sub with a high power handling and a decent amount of xmax. like how k.c. puts out big numbers because everythings freq are on the same plain. by the way k.c. what do you drive and what is the freq of your car?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3064
"he had the proper eclipse 1000watt amp and had the correct sealed box...i know its not ported, but dont wast ur time arguing cause if it were ported perfectly the most he could have gained was 4dB. so say he has it ported.. he is doing a 145dB with a 15 and 1000watts and im doing a 150 with a 13 and 1000 watts he should be doing way louder than me if he has a bigger sub."

You still aren't comparing apples to apples. You have two different vehicles, which have totally different cabin gain properties. Your box is ported, his isn't. Automatic 3-4db if it's a JL spec box, even more if it's custom built for SPL. Only when you put both the subs in the exact same car with the same amps and the same setup overall can you make a fair comparison of the subs. It also makes a lot of difference whether you used the same mic or not, where it was placed, if the windows were cracked, etc. It could simply be that you know how to hit high numbers better than he does, clipped the amp more, had tuning that was better for the test tone you used, etc. Your car may be sound deadened better than his, whether it be factory deadening or aftermarket. Sound deadening is 3-6 db right there. There are too many variables to weigh out to just say one sub is better than the other. In SPL, the W7 and 15" TI are very close, if you're wondering, yes I used to carry both subs in my shop and have used both in my vehicles in the past. About going ported with the Tis, they are optimized for ported enclosures, and you CAN gain more than 4db from a ported box from them, sometimes 6-7 depending on tuning and box setup. The Ti Pro is an all out SPL sub and will outdo a W7 easily when set up for strict SPL. SPL competition and everyday SPL is different, though. SPL comps depend more on tuning of the box and motor strength, you have to run gobs (10,000+) of power to get a sub near full excursion at tuning. The Pro is just better geared for SPL comps, power handling, has tons more motor strength, and is optimized for enclosures designed for SPL.

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 357
jonathan squares up releases swish nothing but net :-)

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 112
Yea Jonathon is totally right...and today by the way..i was getting on here to make a new thread for this but saw this discussion thought this would be a good place to post it lol...But i was talking to someone today at Audio Works near my house and He said he had a friend who had a 2 15 inch Ti...and a 2 12 inch memphis out did it and he said that he his friend blew the 15 with like 1000 watts of power and the company offered to upgrade that sub to a pro for no charge...se he did that and then upgraded the other one and said that those subs blow very easily and suck...whats the deal...am i missing somen...thanks?

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 359
first off i dont think eclipse would upgrade you to a pro for free, they have 3 yr warranties but not free upgrades and the ti pro is a lot more expensive

and if 2 12 memphis subs can ever beat 2 15 ti pros then everything in similar setups than i am in disbelief

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 115
yea...i dont understand what this guy was talking about.....someone....please tell me whats going on lol....and on a different note...i was also talking to him and he said that there was once a cerwin vega back in the day that had a needle in the cone to where you could adjust the cone...and he said this sub could basically kill you it was soooooo powerfull.....is he making this up..ive never heard of it

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3072
That Cerwin Vega sub he was talking about was the Stroker. About the 15" Tis vs. the Memphis subs, it's all in the setup. It seems he wasn't specific about what kind of 1000 watts he was pushing each with, or the enclosure, etc. It's easy to make a good sub give poor results if you don't set it up right.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3074
On a side note, I've easily hit 140s with a single 12" Eclipse Aluminum before. A 15" Titanium will do even more. Anyone who can't crank SPL out of these drivers really needs to look at themselves before blaming the subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us