Alright, the famous sealed, or ported Kicker 15" box question

Username: Blitzedeclipse

Post Number: 2
Alright,

Ported, or not ported? Im building the box, what kind of wood should I use, should I port it, and how much cubic feet?

Big D
Unregistered guest
Well I'd say first return that square piece of plastic you have and buy a real sub. F kicker

Username: On1wheel247

Post Number: 3
Use 3/4" mdf thats (medium density fiber) board if you didnt know. a ported box will be the loudest if tuned right. kicker should have the specs on the cubic feet. cubic feet also depends on the model speaker you have!

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 364
well if it is an L7 15 and u like really low bass, then build a 8.5 cuft. box tuned to like 25 hz with about 650 rms. It WILL slam extremely hard, especially on the song No Problems by Lil Scrappy. And no, i dont care too much for all that rap but that song has great bass and i love bass. 3/4 MDF by the way. Slot port. And yes i said 650 rms, we put a power 501bd on it and it bottomed out, prolly due to the box.

Username: Blitzedeclipse

Post Number: 8
Hmm, well I heard the smaller the box, the higher the bass, the bigger the box, the lower the bass, I listen to nothing but rap, and I want it to rattle the windows of the car in front of me, so should I go with a ported or sealed, and 8 cubic feet or 3? Any help with do, or any posts from people with experience on this would help, thank you.

Bronze Member
Username: Stjohnboy0000

Post Number: 15
ive also got a s15l7, and ive had it in both a sealed box and since 2 days ago, a slot ported box, and if you know what you're doing, go with the slot port, mines 4.5 ft3 tuned to 35Hz and it definetely sounds straight. if you have space for the 8.5 that johnny was talking about, then go for it. as for big d, l7s may not be the best out there, but id definetely call it a "real" sub

Bronze Member
Username: Stjohnboy0000

Post Number: 16
God damn it johnny, im from laplace too, haha

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 371
dude if you like lil scrappy specifically the song no problems, you should deff. build 8.5 cuft slot ported box tuned to like 25 or 22hz, it slams rediculously hard. and also any lil john songs slam as hard.

Binny Del Bedo
Unregistered guest
Big D = loser
Kicker does a damn well job...port that beast, and listen to lil jon on it...

Bronze Member
Username: Rick_mcfarland

Palm desert, Ca Usa

Post Number: 22
I used to have a s15l7 and it pounded hard. It's a great SPL sub. If you want it real loud go with the ported just make sure you tune it right. Johnny was right, about 22-25 hz and you'll be bangin.

Binny Del Bedo
Unregistered guest
bagnin like benyitetta in this beast
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us