Sub to run off 1000 watt rms amp, Comparable to type x

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 350
I thougt I was all set on getting a Type-X to run off of the 1000 w @ 2 ohm rms mrv Alpine amp, but after researching more on the Type X, I was wondering if I really should consider something different. Can you guys think of other subs that would outperform the type x, with no more than 1000 watts rms. One sub that is similar that comes to mind is the RE SX. I wanted to have an all alpine system, but if I'm gonna drop $250-300 on a sub, maybe paying a little extra for something better won't hurt.

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 214
I know Glass said that the Eclipse T's are close to Re x.x.x!
The only thing is, the Eclipse T is rated at 750 rms, don't know if 1000 watt's would be to much for it! Then of corse there is the usual,
Adire Brhama
x.x.x
can't think of any more subs that can handle that kind of power and stil sound good!
Hope that helped.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 352
Yeah, I was kinda thinking about an Eclipse. My friend has an Eclipse Aluminum and it sounds really really really nice. I don't think the MRM M1001 would be quite enough to power the brahma or x.x.x though.

Anonymous

the eclipse t's should be ok with that power. just don't turn the gain all the way up on the amp and you should be alright.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 224
Glass and them say that a brhama only needs around 800 watt's to reach it full excursion.
Also look at the 13w7 I have hurd of people puting 1000 watt's to it and they say it really pound's!

Username: Rick_mcfarland

Palm desert, Ca Usa

Post Number: 1
The 13w7 can easily handle 1000w and it is very good. I'm not a fan of them myself but they are a well designed subwoofer.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 353
Yeah. I'm looking at something with a price relative to the type x though, lol. I could look into a brahma or maybe a x.x.x., but a 13w7 is gonna be way to much. Stupid JL.....

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 230
Yep, that is the only reason I will probubly never own one. They are just to fu**en high.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3080
The JL subwoofers are 3 ohm, so the best match with the JL route for the amp you're using would be the 12W7, it's 750W RMS, which your amp will put out at 3 ohms give or take. The 12W7 Will hit very hard, more so than the Type X, and has excellent SQ. The Eclipse Ti will work well off of 1000W RMS, they are underrated. Brahmas won't work as well since it is a dual 2 ohm subwoofer, the X.X.X. would work as long as you got the dual 4 ohm coil option. The Image Dynamics ID Max is an excellent subwoofer as well, don't overlook that one.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 354
Thanks Jonathan. I forgot about the ID Max. I'll also look into the 12w7 just for kicks.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 355
Hey Jonathan. How would an Eclipse SW9102 10" TITANIUM compare to the Type X. And if I did go with an Eclipse, I haven't gotten the MRV M1001 amp yet, so I could easily send it back and buy a diff amp. What would you recommend to run an Eclipse Ti?

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 356
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3291%26item%3D5746852599%26

Look at the cone and the surround on this, and then look at it on the Eclipse website. How come the surround looks so much wider on the one off Ebay?

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 357
And also, what do you think about the Acsendant Audio subs. I was kinda looking at the Atlas 12, because of the price.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 358
I have read up on the Atlas, and I think I am gonna try it. Actually, I am definitely gonna try it. It would go perfecty with the amp I have too. I'll tell you guys how it sounds once I sell my current sub and get an Atlas. I might need a little help with the wiring though once I get it. Kinda crazy, I don't even get how the thing works. The second voice coils is smaller to help with different qts applications... what? And where would I get a 1.5 ohm resister? Weird.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us