2004 silverado need help

Username: Chris_wood

Post Number: 1
hi all,

I have a 2004 ext cab z71 silverado. i am gonna do a mild system and need some help.

I am using the factory deck and using a amp that has speaker level inputs.

can someone tell me what the factory wire color code is for all four doors

example : front left door, positive blue, negative green

any and all help is much appreciated.

thanks
chris

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 357
Chris I don't know off hand, but if you look at a wire harness adapter (the one you would use if you were installing an aftermarket deck). It should tell you on the outside of the package.

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 358
Sorry brain f@rt. It doesn't say exactly, but you can use it as a refrence to see what is what. If you bye one (save the recept so you can take it back) just hold it up how it goes and refrence the speaker inputs on it to see what color they conect to on our factory harness.

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 359
One more thing. Why don't you want to replace the factory deck? Its very easy to do in chevy trucks, and will make a huge diffrence in your sound quality, even with the factory speakers.

Username: Chris_wood

Post Number: 2
Hey jeremy

two reasons, one if you disconnect the factory radio and put a aftermarket in you loose your door chimes, dome light and possible air bags, gm's brilliant idea to run the computer through the radio. two, i have steering wheel controls for the radio in order to make a aftermarket deck work i will have to by two adapters to make the door buzzer and ect work, and a adapter to make the steering wheel controls work with a aftermarket radio, 200 for both and i still don't have tunes lol!!

so that is the reason
thanks for help

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 386
why not mount the radio some where else?

As for the steering wheel controls they make an adapter for that too.

Oh and my Accord is worse, dual climat controls, built in to the radio. So I am mounting it in the pocket down below.

Username: Phlipdawg35

Post Number: 2
Chris,

If you buy one of these Metra VT-GMRC-01
GM Class II Data bus Interface you will be able to replace the factory head unit and keep door chimes, etc....

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us