Remote on Wire

Username: Iamagas

Post Number: 6
I am wiring the harness for my Alpine 9813 and this is the first time I have used an amp. The alpine harness has the blue wire for the remote turn on, but obviously my older car does not have the capabilities for it. Do I run a separate wire from the head unit, connected to the blue wire, to the amp and connect it to the amp?

Also, the Alpine has what they call a "choke coil" fuse inline for the battery wire - can I remove this and just use a regular car fuse? As it is, the fuse would be behind the head unit and if it blew would be a major headache to change - I already have an inline fuse in the power wire I ran. Thanks in advance

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1653
" Do I run a separate wire from the head unit, connected to the blue wire, to the amp and connect it to the amp?"

yes. connect remote-on from the alpine to the remote trigger of teh amplifier. this tells the amp to turn on with the alpine head unit.

"Also, the Alpine has what they call a "choke coil" fuse inline for the battery wire - can I remove this and just use a regular car fuse?"

That's a coil, not a fuse. it's wire wrapped around a magnet. It's there to eliminate noise. leave it alone.
add the fuse to the 10AWG line about 18" from teh positive battery terminal, when going from the Alpine to the Battery for power.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us