RE X.X.X.

Bronze Member
Username: Rob_brown

Post Number: 32
Does anyone know the cost of an X.X.X. with or without shipping. thanks Robbie Brown

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Also... does anyone know the specs for an 15" X.X.X box? The RE site only goes up to 12". Thanks again. Robbie Brown

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7338
the 12" is $369
The 15" I think is $469, but not sure.
I lost the price list I had around here.

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 106
15" is $ 435 DVC 2 ohm-$ 465 DVC 4 ohm
SHIPPED

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 813
not to hijack a thread but anyone know the price for the 12"...in dual 4 ohm? i thought it waslike 405 or something

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7361
the custom coil order is an add'l $25

Bronze Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 24
This is for their 2004 line-up

Resonant Engineering Pricelist
(note prices do not include shipping and handling charges)

RE8- $49
RE10- $59
RE12- $69

SE10- $149
SE12- $169
SE15- $199

SX10- $239
SX12- $249
SX15- $269
SX18- $309

XXX10- $359
XXX12- $369
XXX15- $399
XXX18- $429

MT10- $409
MT12- $419
MT15- $449
MT18- $479

there is a $25 charge to upgrade the MT or TripleX line to a quad voice coil configuration.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
So i know the cost. Does anyone know how to get in touch with RE. I have called 5 or 6 times and sent a dozen e-mails. They are unreachable. Has anyone contacted them before?

Bronze Member
Username: Rhassler

Post Number: 33
yeah, i ordered from them last week. call the number at their website before 5 pm. its sometimes buisy, but just keep calling (702) 896 4823.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
Okay, thanks. I think what happened was that they were out of office because it was Martin Luther King Day or semething. I'm calling today. Would you guys suggest getting a 12 now and getting another one or just getting a 15. I'm leaning towards a 15 cause i'm trying to get it really loud. Thanks for your help. Robbie Brown

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
Okay, it was MLK day so i'm assuming they were out of office. I'm calling today, would you recommend me buying a 15 now or getting a 12 and waiting a while, then purchasing another 12. I want great sq and great spl ratings. Thanks. Robbie Brown

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 191
I got through to them on my first try. Got put on hold for like 15 minutes, but I got through, put my order in, was at my house in 5 working days. (12" X.X.X)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
Where do you live? I'm across the coutry in North Carolina. So a 12? I'm just debating whether i should spend another 700 for another amp, sub and optima yellow top battery. I want 2 12's for good sq and spl, but it's getting really expensive. Thanks for the help Robbie Brown

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
Would you recommend getting 2 12's now, a bigger amp, and 2 optima yellow tops? I might could consider that. Thanks again.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7389
a triple X 12" needs between 1000-1500 watts RMS.
you'll also need an alternator that can handle that much current draw. The deep cycle batteries will help prolong runtime when the engine is off.
you'll also need 1/0ga power cable for those amps if ya run two twelves. that's over 2Kw of power for the subs alone, then you'll need more amp power for components to keep up.
I know.
I'm using two 12" triple X subs with 1280wRMS each and 250x2 for the front stage in my car.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
I'm guessing the power ratings are thermal like on the brahmas, so i just looked into 2 12's being powered by a hifonics bx1800d. would 900 wired at 1 ohm be enough to push 2 12's. If so i think i could manage that. Thanks for all your help. It is greatly appreciated. Robbie Brown

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
Okay, i think i'm just going for a 12 now with the hifonics bx1500d, and when i get more money, just get another 12 and amp. This is my 1st system and i have been looking into car audio for about a year and i'm kind of short on money. I got about $1500 for christmas, and my parents are making me pay for install. I have about 700 for 1 sub and amp, and they're helping with install until i pay them back. Thanks for the help. Robbie Brown

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7391
the thermal rating for a 12" triple X is 1600 watts.
as I just said, they need at LEAST a thousand watts each in order to perform properly.
They're very big, high output subs.
If you can't afford to properly feed them, look for something that doesn't need as much power to begin with.

?for glasswolf
Unregistered guest
ok hey this is a good thread for me cause i was thinking about going with 2 12inch triple x's $810 shipped and 2 hifonics 1800.1 mono amps would this be a good match

?for glasswolf
Unregistered guest
ok hey this is a good thread for me cause i was thinking about going with 2 12inch triple x's $810 shipped and 2 hifonics 1800.1 mono amps would this be a good match

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 369
hifonicsa are ok, but there are btter amps. look to orion 1200d or the jbl bp1200.1. also look at memphis, old rockfords bd1000 is like 240.(ebay) it is a good amp.

Anonymous

$636 total for both hifonics 1800.1 shiped can i still do better with this price? and will the jbl 1200.1 be enough power or is that to low for the 1600 rms that the subs run? thanks

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 372
the only thing is that the hifonics might not put out 1800 or even 1600 of clean power. and the 1600 watts rms is thermal, its not recommended to run it that high. i think that somewhere around 900 to 1200 watts would be perfect for the triple x. ya the hifonics are a very budget oriented amps. a jbl would run them just fine

Anonymous

but i dont want fine lol i want hard so witch amp/amps would you use

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 377
the orion 1200d.(2)of them can you rephrase the first part of that im confused.

Anonymous

[lol] i dont want just fine i want some hard bass so i can be heard from a block or 2 away lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
Would a 15" be as "quick" to hit as the 12"? If not, would it be a really noticeable difference? I want to go with a 15 because there is no way i could afford 2 12's and 2 amps.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 379
oh i gotcha. the x will pound with any one of those amps. but theres more in it then just the amp and the sub. look for a good spl box, find the freq. of your car( i dont know how to do that jsyk),sound deaden your trunk the trunk liner and the metal behind your cushion on the back seat, make sure your cars alt. and battery can handle the upgrade.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 380
yes a 15in. x will be almost as responsive as the 12 x. the 15 x will be more responsive then most 12s. i dont think there will be much of a difference.

Anonymous

where can i get them amps ?

Anonymous

i have a 94 astro and do you think i need a ho alt,cap/caps,and an extra bat in back?

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 384
you can get them off of ebay, damn cheap. just start with a high output alt. upgrade the wiring from the alt to the bat. too. crap i cant think of the other places that sell those amps. try doing a google search or something im sure you will find at least one place

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 194
You will need the HO alternator and wiring upgrade, and after that, worry about the capacitor and deep cycle battery.
Also, if you're getting a standard dual 2 ohm X.X.X, I'd check out US Amps. They make real good amps for right around the same price of a lot of other amps.

Anonymous

whats their web site?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
I know this hsould be in the amp section, but it typically never gets answered. What amp should i go with for under 400 shipped to power a 15" triple x? i had planed for a hifonics bx1500d, but i know that i could get some better ones out there for a little more. I found a jbl bp1200.1 at some site, but i think it's not in stock anymore. Thanks for your help. Robbie Brown

Bronze Member
Username: Rhassler

Post Number: 40
429$ shipped at www.onlinecarstereo.com orion 1200d thats the one i got for my 15 triple x.... havent hooked it all up yet though

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 841
look at the new JBL GTO1201 amp...its bascially the 1200.1 with a new casing...same quality, costs like 300 shipped on ebay...

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 407
i just remembered probably the best amp for the monewy right now...the www.edesignaudio.com nine.1 1200 watts easy at 12 volts. for 350 bucks not bad

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
Yeah, i read where someone had mentioned an ED nine.1 and i looked up on it. Is there anywhere else that sells them. I didn't find any on ebay. thanks for the help. Robbie Brown

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
What are your thoughts on the Pheonix Gold amps?
I think it was an Octane R 1500 watt amp. How would that be compared to the nine.1? Thanks again...

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 847
www.edesignaudio.com buy straight from ED. 350 shipped...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
Okay. Thanks for the help.

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 848
go with the nine.1....thats what i'm gonna use to run my XX.X 12 (@ 2 ohms) run yours at 1 ohm and it'll pound like a womens head hitting the headboard...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
1 last question. hopefully. Will my amp be ran from my battery uner my hood if i get an optima yellow top? i don't know much about installs, so i am going to a local shop to get it installed. will i need a bigger alternator to power this?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
He made it sound like that would be the only thing powering the amp. If that isn't correct, could you tell me what is going to happen? Thanks. Robbie Brown

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 410
well you will need an amp wiring kit. you can get those anywhere. it will have a thick red wire(power)2 pieces a short piece and a long piece. a black wire (ground) a little wire usually blue(remote wire) and rcas and a large fuse holder. connect the short red piece to the pos. term. on the battery and then put the fuse holder in(without the fuse for now) and then hook the long red piece to the other side of the fuse holder, under your carpet to the pos on your amp.
the black wire will ground to a direct part of your chassis. tis is a very important part..if you do not ground it right then your amp will not come on or it will be in protection mode. so make sure that it is in a good spot. the little wire will hook from your head unit to the amp.thats the remote wire. the rcas will also run from the back of your h.u. there should be some rca jacks back there so just line up the colours and plug in. they also run to the amp. i hope this answers your question

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
Yeah, that helps, but is the yellow top battery that i will have right next to my amp going to be the only thing powering it? Because i think i read something about i would still need a bigger alternator even with the optima battery. Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
Yeah, that helps, but is the yellow top battery that i will have right next to my amp going to be the only thing powering it? Because i think i read something about i would still need a bigger alternator even with the optima battery. Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
Another question... To break a sub in.. i read that you turn it up little by little for a few weeks? Something about not going past halfway for a week or two and it will sound better in the long run? Not sure if this is true, any advice is wanted. Thanks, Robbie Brown

hbfcjmhg
Unregistered guest
robbie] im thinking about running 2 12tripel x's with 2 hifonics 1800.1 amps and ive been talking to people around my house [sound shops] and yes you will need a bigget alternator because if not you will have your stock alternator running both batteries the one for the sounds and the stock one so go to local shops and ask some questions thats a big help[it was 4 me] cause i know nothing about this stuff lol but im getting the hang of it so with that being said heres my set up
2 12inch re triple x's
a dual ported box from re
2 1800.1 @1ohm hifonics brutus
a bigger alternator
yellow top batt
2 1 fared caps
then the inside highs/mids and high/mid amps
i have got no idea yet[lol]
ps the alternator cost no more than $1 per amp its good to go as big as you can get for your car in case ofa up grade in your system and you will not need a batt isolater for your second batt hope this helps if not post any ?'s that you have and ill help the best that i can

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
Another question... To break a sub in.. i read that you turn it up little by little for a few weeks? Something about not going past halfway for a week or two and it will sound better in the long run? Not sure if this is true, any advice is wanted. Thanks, Robbie Brown

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
Okay. so to charge the yellow top, i need a bigger alt. But another local store had recommended a stinger 1000 dry cell battery? Would i still have to recharge that? Mr Alternator is about the only place i have found an alternator for a 2nd generation 4runner.. any suggestions? Thanks

hbfcjmhg
Unregistered guest
i told you im new at this so im not sure srry

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
I got it, my stock alt is 60 amps. Should i get a 120 or 150 amp alt? Thanks, Robbie Brown

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
okay, well i got the nine.1 and my stock alt is 60 amps, would it be best to get a 120 or 150 alt? Bigger the better, to make sure? Thanks, Robbie Brown

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
Anyone know specs for a good 15" triple X box? I tried that winISD pro program and the regular one, and i couldn't do it.. so i'm asking you guys for help. Thanks for any, Robbie Brown

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 110
give 'em a call, they'll fax you a few box blueprints, ported or sealed.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 415
yes try to get the biggest alt you can find just in case you want to add on later. it doesnt matter what brand you go with they both will have to be charged. im little fuzzy on how it workd but you need some kind of blocker(i dont remember what it is called but someone will) that seperates the batteries from the one that starts your car and the one that your system runs off. usually it doesnt take too long to break in a sub just run it at low volumes for a week and you should be good. you will need a bigger alt. because the battery still gets charged off of your alt.

Anonymous

I have 2 300amp alts in my ride

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
I have an eD nine.1 and a 15" X.X.X and i need to know how to wire it. I have the standard dual 2ohm voic coil and here are the specs for the amp:
RMS Power @ 1Ohm Bridged 1200x1 (@13.5v) - .5%THD
RMS Power @ 2Ohm Bridged 900x1 (@13.5v) - .5%THD
RMS Power @ 4 Ohm Bridged 450x1 (@13.5v) - .1%THD
Would i wire it at 1ohm bridged or at 2ohm brided?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
I found it on the sight and it says to wire a 2Ohm dvc at 1ohm you put pos. to pos. and neg. to neg. Is this how it would be, or am i mistaken?

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard/1_2ohmDVC_1ohm.gif
that is correct.
Iv got a nice setup for my 1Ohm load, which ever side i hookup (2subs) its still 1ohm, my box isnt see thru and i went crazy one day cuz i forgot which side was the one i would hookup, and once i got them out i rembered they where 1ohm at either post(box has 2posts).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
does anyone know how to tell if an amp is 1ohm stable? I read somewhere about at different volts it puts out more power then it's not stable? not really sure, help please... Thanks

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
RMS Power @ 1Ohm Bridged
1200x1 (@13.5v) - .5%THD
on the eD nine.1 doesnt have a switch to change voltage. so who ever told u that was lying, im getting this from the eD site.

ThatGuyYouknow
Unregistered guest
Seince they list 1ohm and its rated watage, it IS 1 ohm stable otherwise they wouldnt list 1ohm status.
kindof a no brainer there, but you maybe new so i wount hold it against you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
someone had said that if you put 14.4 volts it'll put out around 1400 watts, then i read that if you can change the voltage and it puts out more watts, then it's not a good idea to run it at 1Ohm. thanks for the help

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
someone had said that if you put 14.4 volts it'll put out around 1400 watts, then i read that if you can change the voltage and it puts out more watts, then it's not a good idea to run it at 1Ohm. thanks for the help

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 466
it was me and there is no switch, it is how many volts your vehicle puts out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us