Upgrading from Type Rs - Glass or anyone!

Silver Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 394
Well since I have a 150A HO alternator I want to use this current :-)!! So im thinking about selling my current audio equip and going with a 12" Adire Brahma and the box for it by SubZero. But as always this raises my left brow to some new questions so here they come.

1. So I can understand how hard one 12" brahma will hit how many Type Rs would it be equal to?

2. How many watts do I need to move this baby? I know 1600RMS is a thermal rating but will 1,000 or 1,200 do just fine?

3. What amp would be good for this sub; I dont want crap but I want something affordable (under 400$) what are some of my options?

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 207
Don't know about the R question, never hurd type r's!
1000 watt's will move it fine!
As for amp's, Hifonics 1000D would be a good amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 395
anyone else that would know the R comparison answer or some more amps?

Silver Member

Post Number: 396
:-(?

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 477
well 1000 watts would push a brahma as long as its in a pretty big box, ive looked at the subzero boxes but i havent looked into them. as for amps i think the ed nine1 would be a great amp for the brahma, its 350 shipped i believe. is for an sq set up? im not really sure how many rs would equal a brahma in sq but in spl it would probably be 2 to 3. it is hard to compare because of the gain you get from having more drivers. where have you been? i thought you loved your type Rs so much. i think that rob fox on this forum was wanting to buy some type Rs. 2 of them

Silver Member

Post Number: 397
I do love them but I want to screw around :-)

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 482
you dog. do you fell that they are not putting out and you are a little bass wh0re? do you want to talk about this?lol. it sounds like fun.

Silver Member

Post Number: 398
Well the brahma makes me want to buck up and take it like a sl*t from what ive read - I need comparisons >_<

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3068
It will outdisplace the Type R, sealed it will give similar results to having two Type Rs probably, give or take. There are too many variables to give a specific answer on that one, honestly. The problem with a single Brahma is that it is a dual 2 ohm subwoofer, meaning you'll need an amp that puts out it's rated power at 1 or 4 ohms. The Subzero Brahma enclosure is 1.25 cu ft, and with that enclosure a Brahma will work well and reach full excursion with around 800W RMS. A Kicker 800.2 or the newer 850.2 will work very well with that subwoofer.

Bronze Member
Username: Rob315

Syracuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 15
id love to take the type r's off your hands! how much would you be looking to get out of them? get back to me a.s.a.p.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us