Amping 2 alpine type r's

Username: Adampit

Post Number: 3
I have read other topics about amping them. i ahve 2 12 inch alpine type r's being amped currently by a PPI PCX 2125. which is 500x1. I would like to know if this is enough for them or if i can get a bigger amp i would like to that and if someone could recommend me a amp for this that would be great.
If i will not blow my subs i would like to get the most power going to them that i can possibly get
ps i have a alpine 9835 head unit

Username: Americanbass

Post Number: 10
the amount of power u are giving them is just perfect i looked online and they are rated for 300 watts RMS how many fuses are on ur amp and how many amps are they but now if u are looking for a really loud system u have the wrong subs and amp

Username: Adampit

Post Number: 4
well im just looking to amp the subs the right way to max them out without blowing them and was wondering if i put a different amp, possibly bigger amp if it would be better and more efficent

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
let me see what i can find give me a few min.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
i suggest going to ebay and search Crossfire 1000D that is a phonominal amp they are under rated for power that way you could keep the gain low and run it at 2 ohms and u should get about 330 watts for each sub. U must remember it is a mono block amp so wiring ur subs in parallel will give the power and the nice clean sound u are loking for their amps are amazing u will never have to buy another amp ever again unless u run subs that need more power i have a 2000D and i run it at 1 OHM and it is very stable

CROSSFIRE VR-1000D CLASS D SUB AMP BRAND NEW VR1000D Item number: 5745236468

Username: Onlythebest

Sacramento, California

Post Number: 1
i would look at the zapco 500m its only about 500 i had two alpine type r's and it was more than enough power. the amp never shut off or went into protection i hit a little under 140 db with that as well. definately worth a look

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
never heard of zapco wow but way over priced crossfire has amps ranked in the top 10 best amps in the world

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 172
adam im running 2 12's off the alpine MRD-M1001 which is 1000 watts at 2 ohms right now im running 1 wired up to it at 500 watts at 4 ohms (waiting for my other one first oen was defective) and it makes my ears bleed keep it all alpine :-)
and get the amplifier link HU control .. nice HU choice btw its great

Username: Zapcos_only

Sacramento, CA

Post Number: 1
generally speaking most of your high grade car audio is going to cost you about a dollar a watt. amplifiers such as audison, zapco, jl audio and mcintosh are all top quality stuff. i guess it just depends on what you want...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us