W7

jonathanmichael
Unregistered guest
I posted a thread earlier this week about my W7 that i didnt think sounded that loud or great. I have a 97 explorer. and a audiobahn a8000t amp. some people suggested a ported or vented box. i got one but it didnt seem to help. im thinking of just selling it and getting a new system unless anyone has any other ideas... if not anyone have any suggestions for a new sound system.. subs and amp(s)..somewhere around $1000 thanks.

jonathanmichael
Unregistered guest
?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3040
Better amp, possibly some tuning as well. You'd be straining that amp with a 3 ohm load (I'm guessing bridged) on it. What kind of other equipment are you using (Head unit, etc)? What size sealed and ported boxes were you using with it, and what was the ported tuned at? What size W7 is it?

jonathanmichael
Unregistered guest
The amp is mono. I have an Alpine cda-9830 head unit. the box is like 15'15'20. and its a 12inch W7

jonathanmichael
Unregistered guest
by the way its a vented box... i was using a sealed one that was a little smaller and it sounded even worse

jonathanmichael
Unregistered guest
bump

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 113
go with a x.x.x. with around 1300w rms. it'll flip your car around!!

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 114
15" by the way

Bronze Member
Username: Americanbass

Post Number: 21
go witha crossfire 2000D and two alpine type x's sealed you would be amazed by how hard they pound run the amp at 2 ohms and and u would need a second battery but after this u would have a crazy system thats only if u want a crazy system me and my friends b.s. with piece of crap subs and we got two warren G's hit pretty hard lol it all depends on how u run everything

Bronze Member
Username: Americanbass

Post Number: 22
i know the w6's pound b/c i have heard them pound with a crossfire 1000D hooked up to them but i think that is a rare occurance W w/e's tend to be way over rated stick with alpines and infinities i only hear good things about them and i know they pound

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3050
I thought that amp was A/B, my bad. You're not getting the full power out of a mono amp since the W7 is a 3 ohm subwoofer. Those boxes sound too small for a 12W7 honestly. I'd stick with JL specs on those.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us