Jlw7 or solobaric l7

Username: Miami_chico

Post Number: 2
i'm from miami so0o bass iz a major thing hear..(so dat you kno were im comin 4rm)what do you guyz sugest 2 jl w7's (12's) or 3 solobaric l7's (15's) i kno its kinda hard 2 compair 15"s 2 12"s but i heard they jl's are out of hand...what im really lookin for is hard hitin bass bein heard a block or 2 away...thanks

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 139
Sound's like you just want spl, so the l7's might be the subs for you. With that said, The solobaric's square shape causes stress points and restricts it's xmax. They have also been known to just stop working!
The Jl 12w7's have sq, as well as spl! They will get loud and sound good when doing it!
Choice is your's!:-)

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 174
hey im in Miami too, so i know what your talking about bass being a major thing, but any of both of those will satisfy your needs. And for the price difference i believe you could get 3 15" solobarics for around 550-600 and for 2 12" jl's cost around 1000-1200 so youll save money also by going with the solobarics.

Post Number: 4
so0o do u recomend anyother subs? that bass hard

Bronze Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 67
haha...ill be honest...im from kentucky...and im about the only person who uses subs haha..its key...but...maybe if you want consider going with like a 15 inch eclipse ti pro and 2 ten inch eclipse Ti's...i got my 10 for 200 so you could to and i dont know the price of the 15...maybe someone else can help alot...

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 147
Just 1 Eclipse T pro is $1000 or more! The 18 T pro is $1299, not sure about the 15 but I am sure it isn't going to be much cheeper.
I would love to have a pare of T pro's!
The 3 l7's will be loud, if you don't want sq!
Everyone loves the Re x.x.x and the adire Brhama, but to be tell you the truth I have never herd eather 1 of them! They say both are good in sq, and spl.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 176
yeh taylor's right go with a 2 brahmas or 2 re X.X.X's or the eclipse ti's. Any of those subs will kick a$$

Bronze Member
Username: Mrdark

Post Number: 30
or treo ssi or ssx...

Post Number: 5
how about i get 3 12"s jl audio w7 you think it b loud or what

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 152
Ya it would be loud!

Bronze Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 85
no it wil suck....,...psych

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 157
lol

Post Number: 6
how many watts should i push all 3 subs

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 159
A total of 1500 would be nice.

Bronze Member
Username: Stjohnboy0000

Post Number: 11
$600 for 3 15" l7s?? the cheapest you could hope is $800, and thats only on something like Ebay. But im hoping you prove me wrong ^.^

Bronze Member
Username: Shouder

Wisconsin

Post Number: 90
Taylor i think i would recomemd a little more power for the w7's. The 12's love about 800 watts/per to unleash their true potential. so i would suggest about 2400 total. with only 1500watts you may not be happy with their performance.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 449
timis right. w7s loooove the power. i dont like w7s but they need power at least 750 a piece.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 190
True, true.
But I don't like over powering subs! Just scared I'll fu*k them up!
and for the price of a w7 I would be absolutely crazy, every noise I hear I would turn my sub's down to make sure it wasn't them. lol

Bronze Member
Username: Americanbass

Post Number: 15
the w7s are over rated go with the new Alpine Type x's they are cheaper than the w7 and will prob out preform them

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 310
dont forget to upgrade your alt ;)

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 450
i actually dont thinnk that the type x would out perform a w7. even though i dont like them i think they are beter subs then the type x. the type x is pretty exspensive too

Bronze Member
Username: Shouder

Wisconsin

Post Number: 92
The w7's are better subs though they do come at a price. And taylor don't worry bout overpowering the 12w7's. 800 watts is actually the optium power for them. You don't get into the red zone until well over 1000watts, and the warranty isn't void util 1500watts. And at 500 there bairly moving. It's hard to overpower the 12w7's.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3053
Really, a lot of times you're safer to overpower a subwoofer than underpower it. When you underpower, you'll risk clipping the amp on dynamic passages, especially when near the amplifiers limits. If you ran at the same volume level with an amp that was capable of more power, it would better handle dynamic passages and actually clip less, resulting in more clean power to the subwoofer. Of course, if you were to go into hard clipping with either amp, then you'd blow the subs regardless.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3054
"the w7s are over rated go with the new Alpine Type x's they are cheaper than the w7 and will prob out preform them"

They won't. Our shop used to carry both JL and Alpine, the W7 is the better subwoofer. "Overrated" is the most common thing said about a W7, but it's usually because people can't afford them. If you look at reviews and independant tests, you'll understand why the W7 is so highly regarded. The technology implemented in the W7 works, they are manufactured extremely well, and they are excellent everyday SQ/SPL subs. I do feel there are cheaper subs that are on par with a W7, subs such as the Adire Audio Brahma, Resonant Engineering X.X.X., Image Dynamics ID Max, Eclipse Titanium, etc. The choice between the subs is a subjective matter. If you were to lay the subs listed above beside each other in a room and let people listen to them, all of them wouldn't choose the same sub. As long as you weigh out your options and choose the sub that meets your needs, then you've done the right thing.

Username: Jldoublew7

Post Number: 8
yeah what he said!

Post Number: 7
so0o you u think my 3600 ma audio amp iz 2 big for the 3 w7's(12's)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us