Will a car amp work on my PC???

Username: Julio_u

Post Number: 1
I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I have a KENWOOD KAC-929 2 channel 1000w max power AMP, 2 10" TS-W254C PIONEER SUBS, each at 250w RMS and a pair of INFINITI 652i 6.5" speakers. All this I want to have as my audio system for my computer, but don't even know where to start. At the momment all I have is an onboard Sound card, but a newer one can be bought once I know where to start and what to look for. If anyone can help me out it would be much appriciated. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 1168
your best bet is just to buy a set of PC speakers, like the Logitech Z680 system.

there is no good way to do what you want, without spending several hundred dollars on a power supply/rectifier, and even then, it'll honestly sound lousy.
Car audio gear isn't meant to be used in a large room, and it never sounds good in such a setting.

Bronze Member
Username: Bass_lover

Post Number: 14
If you do want to spend the money buy a 25amp power supply, this one is suited for your needs and is only $99.00 click here for the power supply
Hook everything up as you would in a car exept wire your remote to the +12v terminal to turn it on.On your pc's sound card there should be an output that usually goes to a pair of speakers,click here for the plugLet me know how ya go.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us