Questions concerning various enclosures

Username: Lone

Post Number: 1
I have two 10" JL w0's that i want to put into a '94 GMC sierra 1500 2dr. I also have a 15' M3Mojo that im putting into my Camry's trunk. And then i have two 12" MA Audio XL series. Im putting those into my Grand Am. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me where to find some kind of how to guide on how to build the best box for each set. Something that has the dimensions and stuff. Oh, i dont know if this matters but im running two Memphis 1000 x 1 Class D PR Amps on the MA's, 1 on the Mojo, and a 500 watt class D JL amp on the JL's. If anyone could help me it would be much appreciated, thx.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 858
you gotta look at the specs on each sub and build the boxes from that.

Bronze Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 91
also depending on if u want spl(sound pressure level/louder bass) u would build a ported enclosure and if u want sq(sound quality) u would go with a sealed enclosure it all depends on the music u listen to and the type of application...

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 459
well if you tune a ported right you can get good sq from them too. its got to be pretty low though. also look into abc enclosures very large enclosures though. folded horns "snail shell" are great boxs too. difficult to build but very nice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us