Infinity referance vs. Alpine type S

Doug W.
Unregistered guest
Which would be better in SQ and SPL? A pair of 12" Alpine type S or a pair of 12" Infinity Reference series subs. I don't know yet if the Infinitys are the 1220W, 1230W, or 1232W model yet but would any of or all of these models be better than the type S's? I'm looking for SQ and SPL, which sub would win in each category?

Bronze Member
Username: Pharoh

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 33
Infinity. Ive heard them in a ported box, and it really thumped. Good SPL, in a ported id expect them to lose a bit of thump but probobly be better in sq. still better than alpines anyday tho. i try to stay away from alpines execpt for their decks :P

Doug W.
Unregistered guest
I figured out that the infinities are either the 1230W or the 1232W model. I think a pair of either one of those infinity subs would be better than a pair of Alpine SWS-1242D subs. Does everyone else agree or am I wrong?

Bronze Member
Username: Danny525

Post Number: 16
Ya i got a pair of 1230s and they are better the type S's but type R's are really close.

Bronze Member
Username: Danny525

Post Number: 18
Ya i got a pair of 1230s and they are better the type S's but type R's are really close.

Doug W.
Unregistered guest
By the way the whole reason im asking this is becuase I bought the Alpine subs but my buddy wants to trade his Infinity subs for my Alpines so should I make the trade for the Infinity subs?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us