First Dual 12"/ 6x9 box I made

Silver Member
Username: Xxkmfdmxx

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 245
Previously said I was thinking about makeing a enclosure for two 12"s and a pair of 6x9s, Had time this weekend so figured why not.

Everything look alright? chambered correctly?

http://img48.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img48&image=dsc000084wx.jpg (Inside view of box)

http://img48.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img48&image=dsc000175oj.jpg (finished)

Damn thing weighs almost 70lbs without subs.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 190
that sh!t is nice compared to the one I tried to make..... What u make it outta.

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 191
how do u shape the hole that good?

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 246
3/4 MDF, For the MDF and material it only cost $35 total.

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 247
As for the hole I traced a bowl that was about the size of a 12" sub, cut it then sanded it to make it a good circle

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 195
how did u cut it, what kind of saw? lol, when I did mine I used a sawzall and it came out all lopsided. Did you make it to a certain cubic ft.? or did you just make it to w/e?

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 248
I used a jigsaw. I made it to fit perfect in my trunk. Each sub chamber is about 1.5cu ft. Which was about what I was looking for so that worked out.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 364
looks pretty nice. when i build boxs i have wood glue and liquid nail all over the damn thing. i havent carpeted yet will try that on my next box. i ripped the design off of that elemental designs box. that crazy looking maze box they have. im trying a folded horn after that. have you made a folded horn box? what did y6ou and your friend decide on? you buying his type Rs?

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 365
hey mike did you take the internal measurements of the pieces? that might be why it didnt come out right.

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 249
Yeah I used about two tubes of Liquid nail on the box. Set everything in it before and it sounds quite good, Amp fits nicely on it. I'll take another pic of it tomorrow how it looks with everything in. Never heard of a folded horn box though.

And hes buying the eD but He wont sell me his Type-Rs. Hes gonna return them where he got them from, he paid like $175/each I think it was. I'm mostly converting my setup to JLw6's though and selling the Type R.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 383
yeah i use about one tube on each box. i hate the way it feels after it dries on my hands. hpw long did that box take you? oh a folded horn is a "snail shell" whats the trick on cutting the excess off the sides of the box? cant quite grasp the concept yet.

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 250
Ah, The infamous snail shell. Always wanted to try one but to damn expensive. But the box took me maybe about 30 mins to put together. I Let it dry for the night then I put material on it. I had most of it cut at home Depot for the sizes I needed since I couldnt fit the whole 47"x97" sheet in my car, Just had to trim a few boards that were a inch or two over then it all went together quite nicely.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 386
lol. thats what i do to. since i cant cut a straight line to save my life i just have the depot do it. i built a box yesterday for two 12s but the bad part was i cut the holes too big. i didnt know the diameter of the subs. the box is for one of my friends for 2 kenwood db plus' so i have to make a adapter piece for them. have you ever had to do that? if so how and what did they look like.

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 251
That problem did happen to me with one 8", I was barley off so I just cut out a thin strip of wood, then made it into like 4 different pieces so I could bend it into a circle to fit into the hole, glued it and surprisingly worked and couldn't even tell that the box was ever cut a bit bigger than it was suppose to be. Thats basically all the expierence I have had with that problem so thats probably the best I could help you with that man.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 389
ya. i think i just put a square piece that cover the hole and then just recut. god i suck with a jigsaw. i just dont want it to be ugly

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 256
http://img48.exs.cx/img48/1228/dsc000046yz.jpg

Final pic of it how it looks with subs and that. Theres two JL 12w6s in it now though instead of the one Type R and orion. Wireing isnt the nicest but I was never good at makeing wireing look good

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 439
looks nice. i hope thats not your only amp...lol

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 257
Nah its not, I have another one in front of the box towards the seat. Why though? lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us