System Setup

Anonymous

Ok I am thinking about this setup,I already have the head unit and sub.Any advice or comments will help.I have an 01 chevy s10 ext. cab.

Panasonic CQ-c5110u head unit
JL Audio 12w6v2
JL Audio 500/1
Infinity Perfect 6.5 Components
Infinity Referance 260watt 2ch amp 97watts rms x2 ch (not sure about this amp dont no much about infinity amps)

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 134
Where are you going to put the 12? I don't think it will fit under the seat!
Other than that sound's nice.

Anonymous

Its a extended cab truck. Right now ive got 2 12" alpine type rs in there so i think just the one JL will fit back there fine.

Rob315
Unregistered guest
why are you taking thr type r's out for the w6?? wanna sell those type r's?

Anonymous

I like JL better the one 12w6v2 will sound just as good if not better than the two type rs.Any way you dont want the type rs one of them has a dent in it and there is something spilled on the other one.They still sound all right tho but the amp is kinda crappy.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 144
Are the subs downfiring?
That is one nice little system. The sq should be grate!

Anonymous

Wut do you mean by downfiring? Like the magnet is sticking out instead of in the box? If thats wut ur talking about no.And wut system do u think is good the one im thinking about getting or the alpines i have now?Cuz the alpines arnt the best and its still stock mids.Wut about that infinity amp for the components i am thinking about getting are they any good?

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 406
what he means by down firing is basically making the front of the sub facing down. the infinitys dont sound bad. go ahead and run them. i think the 12w6v2 sounds good. that is a good amp the jl.sounds good to me.good good good good.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 156
Yep, what Hunter said. Are the sub's facing down... I wouldn't think a 12 would fit facing the frunt? And the Infinity is grate... the system will be grate.
I have an 1500 chevy extended cab z71 and my 10's varily fit... that is why I'am asking.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us