Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 701
wire is wire

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 782
Wire is not wire but that wire is made in China and is used by many companies who have it printed to and spooled to there needs. Here is a link on e-bay for the same wire but by Raptor, I bought several spools of 1/0ga (made a special deal) and if you order more than one he will cut you a deal. This stuff is great and I would recommend the seller also, fast ship for sure! Polo..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Metra-Raptor-1-0-Gauge-Ga-Power-Wire-25-Spool-Amp -Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38636QQitemZ8056589096QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 783
PS- Just bid on it, set your bid limit to the buy it now. Good chance nobody else will bid on it so you can get it for $29.99 +$17.99 for shipping. That's $1.91 per foot, save ya a little bit..Polo.. :-O

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2353
Kicker most expensive wire is actually better than the Stinger Ive heard.... Way more flexible too.. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 878
kickers is EXTREMELY flexible..it's hard to describe, I've never seen anything else like it, honestly. But it can start to flake (it's wierd..where the bends are, it just starts kind of flaking apart, etc), but that's only happened to me once, just a bit unnerring.

Seth

Bronze Member
Username: Zepcoe

TN Us

Post Number: 80
is tuanami good wire? i bought this package is it good?http://www.autotoys.com/x/catalog/TSUNAMI_AMP48CAP_AMPLIFIER_KIT_WITH_CAPACITOR_ INCLUDED_p_4910.html
If i buy some new wire could i tell a difference in sound quality? and if so what kind should i buy>?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6497
wire is wire, And u no it, dont care what u guys say

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2374
well, when deciding on wire, u want to pay close attention to the strain count...

Ive seen 0ga wire, that looks like 2ga or even 4ga on the inside.. Just cause it has 0ga insulations doesnt mean its the same as some expensive wire, or have the same strain count....

I use Qpower 0ga and American Bass 0ga in my car.. The American Bass is ALOT more flexible, and keeps it shape alot better..

Wire is Wire... But I wouldnt use welding wire to do a install, it can be done... but its also extremely STIFF.. The kicker wire is like a peice of string..

Bronze Member
Username: Ogduncan

Post Number: 23
http://cgi.ebay.com/4-GAUGE-AMPLIFIER-AMP-KIT-COMPLETE-WITH-RCAs-BATT-TERM_W0QQi temZ9713399071QQcategoryZ71528QQcmdZViewItem

Are these wires okay

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2422
hmm, it doesnt mentetion anything about strain count... I would just go to your local car audio shop, and inspect the wires they carry! U want to look for good insuallation but also thick strains of wire... It would suck to buy some online 4ga, that is about as thin as 6ga...

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 805
there are flexible and not-so-flexible types of welding wire, just as with car audio.

The stuff weldingsupply.com sells is right in line with the good car audio wire, just not as pretty.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us