New speakers, what brand is best for my price?

davidmorgan
Unregistered guest
im looking to buy new speakers for my fronts and rear in my explorer. its a 6'8 oval and 5 1/4 round speaker. I'm looking to spend a little more than $100, but i have no idea what brand or model. any suggestions. I want something with strong highs so my W7 doesnt drown them out and u cant hear the words because thats what its doing right now. thanks

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 138
100 $ for 2 pairs of speakers will get u garbage
speakers

davidmorgan
Unregistered guest
i realize im not gettin great speakers for that price but i can get some okay 3 ways or something.. im not going for competition audio here. i was thinking about some fosgate punch series 6'8's for like $54 a set off ebay

Silver Member
Username: Xxkmfdmxx

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 252
I'd personally go with Pioneer speakers over fosgate speakers. Pioneers are excellent for the price. It's what I have in my car and it sounds great.

davidmorgan
Unregistered guest
okay thanks a lot.. any other suggestions anyone?

davidmorgan
Unregistered guest
I was thinking about maybe going with the 4-way pioneers 6'8's... what is the difference between those and a component set? why is a component set so much more expensive?

Anonymous

My friend has an explorer with the same size speakers. Hes got all infinity kappas hooked up to a pioneer amp,and a 10" kicker solo baric to a 500/1,It is so loud it almost hurts when he maxed it out.The kappas are gonne be a little more than 100 but yer gonna need somthin like that with a w7,I think the kappas are best for your money.

Infinity Kappa 5-1/4 $84.99
http://www.etronics.com/listproducts.asp?manaf=Infinity&rpc=0&catid=355&store=
Infinity Kappa 6x8 $84.99
http://www.etronics.com/listproducts.asp?manaf=Infinity&rpc=0&catid=356&store=

Look around on ebay and other places those liks are for etronics but they say the speakers are unavalable right now.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 145
component sets are tweeters mounted seperatly from the woofer coaxials are tweeters mounted within the woofer 4 ways are 1 woofer three tweeters -- this one will pick up alot of highs 2 and 3 ways are more commen and people tend to like these the most because there not to bright with the highs your best bet is to get 2 or 3 ways up front and 2 ways in the back .. or just leave out the rears and spend more money on better ones in the front - gives a better soundstage and is what some do for a good sq system

Username: Bobo123

Post Number: 7
I agree with mark s.
I would advise you just get a good pair of speakers for the front and screw the back. Leave the factories in the back for rear fill if you must. Get a pair of infinity kappas coaxils in the front to keep it under $100. If your willing to pay extra and amp the front, get a pair of Kappa components($125). Reference components if your realy short on change($90). Stick with 2 way spekers in the back if you insist on buying those.
Also if you are willing to spend the money on a W7 then I would suggest spending the money on some good components and an amp. You will be pleased in that desicion.

davidmorgan
Unregistered guest
okay thanks everyone for the suggestions! its helped a lot!

davidmorgan
Unregistered guest
okay thanks everyone for the suggestions! its helped a lot!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us