Amp Suggestion

Anonymous

I have a 01 chevy s10 and i was gonna get some 4x6 infinity kappas and 6.5 infinity kappas.I was just wondering what amp would make them sound the best.The 4x6 are 60 watts rms and the 6.5 are 75 watts rms.

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 350
everyone speaks highly of the JL 300/1

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1125
That'll depend on you budget and configuration. Do you want to power all of them (front and rear) or just in stereo (front only)? For front and rear, you'll need 4 channel amp, for stereo, just 2 channel amp.
For best stereo imaging, I wouldn't put too much money for the rears. They're only useful for surround sound system.

Anonymous

No budget.I knew I would need a 4 ch. And the "rears" are actually in the doors, the 4x6 are on the dash.I was thinking somethin that would run 50 or 55 watts rms. Any good amps that will run that,i considered MTX,JL,Kicker,maybe a pioneer?

Anonymous

Oh yea I will be running a sub so its not going to be really loud and annyoing its a 12w6v2.I think itll even out ecspecially in a extended cab truck.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1129
I'd invest on a better quality and higher power for the front. As for the amps, I'd look for 4 channel amp from Zapco/Orion/PPI/RF/Kicker/JL/JBL/Audiobahn Intake and HCT series, MTX. Stay away from Pyramid, Sony, Lanzar, Kenwood.
For best possible sound, you need great pair of front speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 436
Hay anonymous I wouldn't do the 4/6 in the dash. I had a 99 S10, and all I ran was some 6.5 components in the doors and a single 12 firing down behind the center console.

That set up will alow you to do a better set of speakers and a better amp to push them, yet still spend the same amount of money.

Isaac is right your front speakers make or break a stereo. So adding a set of 4/6 (which don't sound very good in general) in a bad speaker location (the dash) will hurt way more than help.

I would look into a nice component set,like the Focal Utopias or Dynaudio (you said no budget remember). If thats more than you want to spend just go give a few sets a listen, and find something you like. As for an amp both sets sound great powered by a JL 300/2, and that W6V2 would work well with a 500/1

If you need some ideas on a box design let me know and I will send you some pics of mine.

Anonymous

That is kinda more than i had in mind wut about infinity perfect components are they pretty good? And would one set of components be loud enough? I want to hear the highs and words pretty loud,well something that will even out with the sub.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 454
Yeah a good set of components will be plenty loud. Make sure you play with the tweeter location before you permantly mount them. a role of double sided tape works well for that. (try a spot and drive it for a few day, try another, and so on)

Infinities are ok, a little to bright IMO. You can also look into MB Quarts, Boston Acoustic, even the lower end Focals. The main thing is to find your price range and then start listening. Everyones taste is diffrent.

As for balance (being even with the sub)I had the boston pro 12.5 and the boston pro 5.25s in my S10, and it was very well balanced. In fact that was one of the things I got complemented on the most.

Anonymous

Also wut about infinity kappa components. they are a little cheaper than the perfects. Im not looking for like compition stuff i just want something that sounds good.

Anonymous

OK let me start over. Heres my setup and budget-

JL Audio-12w6v2 (have)
JL Audio-500/1 amp (getting)
6.5 Components- budget $200 or less (good brand around that price,need suggestions)
Amp for components-budget $200-$300 (amp that will work good with suggested comps.)

That being said I would appeciate any help and sugestion.Thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1135
Is that $200 for all 4 components or just the front? Infinity makes some that's priced around $100. It's rated at 90W rms. If you some more cash, then higher models.
After I've seen Zapco amps, I'll have to recommend that first. They are very nice. If that's out of your price range, then try PPI PCX series. They had 4 channel amp on eBay for $300. If that's not available, then try RF/Kicker/JL/JBL/Audiobahn HCT 4 channels/MTX.

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 356
For components also looks into Polk DB series. Listened to them at the store the other day and they sound really clean, both mid and tweeter.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us