What subs should i buy to go with my amp?

avenger97Es
Unregistered guest
I have a Kicker SX700 4 channel amp..and im wondering what i should get for subs/sub...i was thinking a pair of L7's but give me some input...

Bronze Member
Username: Sparkey2027

Barnstaple, England England

Post Number: 62
that aint gonna happen. to run subs you shood really get a 2 channel bridgeable or a monoblock amp. that kicker amp will be ideal for powering your speakers but not subs

Bronze Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 26
The Kicker SX700.4 4 Channel Amplifier
175 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms
350 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms bridged

The Kicker Solo-Baric L7 12"
Dual 4-ohm Voice Coil
Nominal Input Power Rating: 75 to 750 W each

The way I see it this amp is more four running a small system not just subs. You could hook one of the L7s up @ 350 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms bridged. Take your amp from 4 channels and make it 2 channels. Hook each channel from the amp to each side of the Dual 4-ohm Voice Coil on the same sub. The amp will see a load of 4ohms on each channel. The sub will get 350RMS to each coils making 700 watts RMS to one sub. All this is if the ratings are true and still it will be hard on you amp to push one L7and it would not push it to it's potential. Hook you whole system to the amp and get some good 12's @350 watts RMS

Unregistered guest
HELP,
I now have a cd player and 4 speakers in my boat.
Want to add an amp and 8" passive bazooka tube sub.
What do I need for an amp (wattage)(2 or 4 channel) to power this? Do I need a powered sub?
Very new at this!! Any help appreciated.
Randy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us