Net volume of enclosure...Please help!

Bronze Member
Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 39
hi i have a lil problem on finding the net volume for the box of my sub. First off all im italian so i dont use those measurement and all the good software use inches and cu.ft so i hoped maybe someonne could help. I wanna build a ported box, tuned to 60 Hz for SPL competition (just a beginner anyway) and i need to know what should be the right net volume for my sub. It's a audiobahn Immortal AWIS15P 15". Those are the specific.
Here's the data of my sub:
FS 45Hz
QTS 0.493
QES 0.53
QMS 7.21
VAS 47 LITERS
VAS 1.66 CU.FT
RE 1.3OHM
LE 2.41MH
MMD 172.66 GRAMS
XMAX +/- 16.5 MM
RMS 2250 WATTS
SD 0.088 M2
FREQ.RESP. 20HZ-700HZ
EFFICIENCY 97 DB

AND THE SUB IS A QUAD 2 OHM

I will appreciate any kind of help. Thanks a lot

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 187
In inches, Height x Width x Length divided by 1728 is your actual box volume in cubic feet. You must also remember that your sub takes up volume once it's in, so you need to subtract that.

Bronze Member

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 41
Thanks for the answer Jake. Maybe i didnt write it correctly anyway, because i need a help on determine the net volume. Can i just pick up one i want? Like "ok my box will be 3.2 or somethin like dat". Because using the software like winisd i cant do nothin bacause the keep talkin about inches cu.ft etc and im used to use liters and cm and cm2...u know what im sayin? So maybe if anyone could help me to find the net volume using the data i posted in here it would help me a lot. Or maybe just a lil explanation if the volume is important or not. thanks

Silver Member
Username: Redskin

LondonEngland

Post Number: 101
If you've got Winisd the why don't you change the measurements to metric? Just click on the measurement unit next to the box you're filling in. So for example you model your audiobahn and it says the volume is whatever cuft just click on the cuft and it changes to cm3 click again to get m3 again for litres again for in3 and click again to bring you back to cuft. This works on all units of measurement used on winisd.

Bronze Member

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 43
thanks i didnt know that! I tried it and the result is 91.2 liters net volume. Do u think it can be right?

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 189
VAS 47 LITERS
VAS 1.66 CU.FT
That's what you're aiming for with that sub. I'm guessing that's a sealed enclosure.

Bronze Member

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 46
It has to be ported, that kind of sub dont work really good with sealed enclosure. So i was tryin to find the net volume of a ported enclosure right for that kind of sub. then i will tune it at 60 hz for SPL competition.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us