Hey Glass, few more ?'s for ya

Bronze Member
Username: Chada08

Post Number: 27
Hey again, just a few more little questions then i might finally be able to leave u alone lol. First of all, i'm tryin to find some rear view pics of my headunit to see if they have duals jacks for the rca's. if there's only one, i would just need to buy a 2 female / 1 male to combine the two right?
http://www.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL026964&pathId=54&page=3&archive=true
Also, my amp's manual suggests using a 1 farad stiffening capacitor... is that just that, a suggestion? cause i know you guys have talked on here able how little they might help, and you said that my alternator would be fine, so i was just wondering how important you thought that was.
http://www.mtxaudio.com/caraudio/products/amplifiers/MXA_Class_D.pdf
Also with the amp.. A) the gain is set to match my head unit, which wouuld be at 2V right? and B) What would adjusting the crossover frequency selection nob (page 10) do? thanks again man

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Sry, i just dug up my headunit manual and answered that first question, so help with just the amp questions would be great... thanks

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7418
if you have one set of preouts and want more use an electronic crossover not a splitter. that's your best solution.
the cap is just a suggestion yes.
the XO setting determines where the amp's crossover point starts.
www.bcae1.com has a section or three on crossover points and what they are.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
K, so since my amp will just be powering my 2 subs, any rough number as to what frequencies and above i should block? i'm a lil confused by this.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
K, so since my amp will just be powering my 2 subs, any rough number as to what frequencies and above i should block? i'm a lil confused by this.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1148
That'll depend on your preference. If you like "soft" low sounds then set it to 50 - 60hz. If you like loud bass, set it to 80hz - 120hz.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
So for example, if i were to set it as say 100hz, then everything 100 and below would go to the subs, and everything above would go to the other speakers? thanks

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1158
Yes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us