Sitting around thinking...

Bronze Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 95
I was just sitting around and thinking about subs, and started to wonder, what is better, foam or rubber?
To me I would think rubber is better... I would think the rubber is tuffer, and more durabl. Less likely to tare or brake!
I Also noticed that on all the high end subs, like Re Adire... they are foam!
So what is better, and why?e

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 334
its not really a big deal but rubber a just better if you have a humid or wet environment because it just handles weather better.

jigga666
Unregistered guest
"tuffer"...tougher, "durab"l...durable, "brake"...break

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 336
lol. supercalifragulouismakesmealidosious

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 117
Ya no tihs! Spell that one backward's smart a$$!:-)
I don't think wen I am typing! So most of my word's are a little funked up.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7339
I have subs with foam surrounds that were made in 1989 and are still solid. They do hold up if they're well made.
rubber and foam have different characteristics, so it's really more a matter of matching the material to the needs.
foam is lighter and more flexible, and thus tends to make the sub more sensitive. rubber is tougher, yes, but it's also heavier which can help to lower the Fs of the speaker by adding mass and resistance.
Anyway, neither is hands down better than the other.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 124
Ok, thank's for the replai's:-)

Anonymous

he also spelled tear (tare) now that you mentioned it.

Bronze Member
Username: Opie_har

Somewhere, One of them USA

Post Number: 33
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

Pretty neat, huh?????

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 815
Thats kinds old and i've read it a few times, i can read it just fine, they lack to mention that the spelling still has to be somewhat correct...you cant tell me i'm trying to type out monday like munxghdslkfhsdgday....they lack to mention that part

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7371
they also forget to mention that people who post that stupid crap are probably mentally challenged.

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Glasswolf im in loss of words, so ill laugh instead.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us