Subs in an extended cab Chevy truck.

Bronze Member
Username: Stamant

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 35
I was wondering if anyone has experience with two 12's in an extended cab truck. There is limited space under the rear seats. Would 12's fit or should I go 3 10's. Also what is the best direction for the subs to face. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 98
I have a 98 chevy 1500 extended cab z71 and my 10's hardly fit. The box had to have som major custom work to fit under the back seat! So more than likely 12's isn't going to fit. You could downfire the 12's with no problum... that would be your best bet!

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 307
well if you want a backseat then you are gonna have some problems.. but if you dont mind making your truck a 2 seater, then you can do some major stuff as far as subs go

Bronze Member

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 36
Do you think three 10's could fit under your back seat?

Bronze Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 99
ya 3 could of fit under mine!
You could probubly put 2 10's on one side and another on the otherside, depending on how big the hump is in the middle!
What year moddle is your truck?

Bronze Member

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 37
It's a 1999 Z71. Which direction are your subs firing? And what is your setup? thanks.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 102
My sub's are firing tward the back seat's, normal!
My system is a custom built box
2 10 inch rockford fosgate Rfd2210 hx2's
amp's are the rockford p8002
Rockford p4004
The p4004 is powering my infinity speakers in the back and the infinity component's in the frunt door's
Head unit is pioneer!
I am using 2 gage and 4 gage wiring for the system.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 103
The amp's are behind the backseat!
I like the way they fit back behind the seat... and they are compleetly out of site. Then when you flip the backseat down... there they are!
The only way 10's will fit under your backseat is to custom build the box. I had a shop build mine... and it cost around $185 but I like the job they did and it is the right box for the subs.

Bronze Member

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 38
I have had many systems in the past. Every system had the subs firing away from the back seats. When I would turn the subs toward the fronts seats they sounded like crap. Why do you think this is? I am wearing of firing the subs towards the front seats.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 104
Could of been the type of sub's, or I have noticed the closer you get to the sub the more distorted sounding they get! I have noticed when I get close to my subs, they don't sound so good and lack bass, but when sitting normal they don't sound bad and the bass is grate.
What kind of subs where they?

Bronze Member
Username: Press1

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 29
I have a 2005 Silverado w/ext. cab. Just put (2) 12" CV V-Max under the reat seat. Facing down. They only require 1 cu.ft. air space. The box is custom, but was not hard to build. You can even get pre-fab custom boxes that fit 12" under the seat that are 1 cu.ft. If you get the V-max with those boxes, you will have to cut a hole in the top to fit the magnet through, and then cover the hole with MDF, glue and screws. The V-max is a little deep for those boxes.

Hope that helps!!

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 118
Ya that is the downfireing box I was talking about! You can fit 12's that way no prob.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us