2 12" type r subs 4ohm

Username: Top_notch

Carson, Ca

Post Number: 1
my subs are capable of 300w rms. can anyone tell me an amp that can put out that much power

Rob315
Unregistered guest
find a 600watt rms 2 channel amp. whatever your personal preferance is as long as its true rms watts. but those subs can also be overpowered a little if you wanted to. gettin really thumpin with like 400-450 to each and youll be set. but which ever way you wanted to they would sound good. 600watt rms is a little safer since you arent over powering the subs but they still can handle 400-450.

Carson, Ca

Post Number: 2
is there a model that u know of that can put out the much power with a resonable price

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 160
kicker,JBL,MTX,RF,Soundstream,ect..... the list can go on and on my friend!
James

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 161
those are cheaper models I dont know how much you are talking about when you say reasonable price but JL audio,Zapco,US amps, those are on the higher end of the line.

Rob315
Unregistered guest
if you have the 1221d's id go with the mrd-m501. they are all under rated and they put out around 600 watts rms@2ohm. www.ikesound.com i got mine from there, it was the cheapest place around and everything went smooth. id recommend overpowering them a little though to get them really hittin hard. but if not thats the amp id go with. and its only $245.00 on that site.

Bronze Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 40
You can put a lot more than 300 into those subs...I have (2) 10" R's and I'm putting almost 450 to each and they sound great.

Bronze Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 100
those are dual voice coil im asuming so u need and amp that gives enough power at 1 or 4 ohms or by an amp per sub.. id reccomend the jl 500/1
or if u wanna push it the jl 1000/1 i dont know how underated this one is or if it is.. that would really make them pound but its pushing the subs pretty hard

Bronze Member
Username: Vaio

Post Number: 11
JL AUDIO 250/2 are a 500/1 will work fine

Carson, Ca

Post Number: 4
how do i bring my 4ohm subs down to 2ohms. thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 105
u cant as a pair to 1 amp
wire the coils in parrallel for a 2 ohm load per sub wiring them together to 1 amp u can have a 1 ohm or 4 ohm load the jl amps are good because they give the same amount of wattage between 1.5 and 4 ohms i believe so you could wire your subs together to a jl amp at 4 ohms and recieve 250 watts each with jl 500/1 or 500 each with 1000/1
i know they can take 500 cause im giving that to one mine right now

rob315
Unregistered guest
i have 2 type r 12"(1241d)and im gonna run 1 mrd m501 to each sub. so that might be a possibility for you also. but there are a million different things you can go with, basically it all comes down to preferance. but go with anywhere's from 600watts rms to 1200watts rms for the pair and you should be all set as long as your careful when your overpowering them.

Bronze Member
Username: Themax96se

USA

Post Number: 41
I am thinking about getting a JBL 1200.1 for my two 12's Type R's

Rob315
Unregistered guest
JBL 1200.1 is an awesome amp for the price. it should make those type r's dance.

Bronze Member
Username: Themax96se

USA

Post Number: 43
I just found out that my Type R 12's are 2ohm DVC.
A couple months ago I was trying to hook it up to a fairly weak amp, and I was wondering why it sounded so low. Each coil on each sub was wired together for a 1ohm load inside the q-logic box!!!
I re-wired it and hooked it up, and it hits nice!!! Still looking for a better amp though...

I swore I seen that JBL 1200.1 on cardomain for $300, now its not there!

Carson, Ca

Post Number: 5
i jus found out that i have my 2 12's hooked up parallel reversed. first could someone tell me what that means and second give me the name and model of some amps that could put out at least 400 watts to each speaker. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1112
What do you mean by reserved? You need to explain a bit more.
As for the amp, go to eBay and search for amps. They have plenty there. A cheap amp that will work well with your sub is A8002T from Audiobahn. I have this am right now powering 18" sub. It's rated at 400W rms X 2 @ 2ohms load, 800W rms X 1 @ 4ohms.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us