Capacitor Problem!!!!!!!!

Username: Hybridsm8

Post Number: 1
My Audio: Pioneer head unit,4 infinity Kappa 5x7's, one 12" Alpine type R, a Sony Xplod 800 watt mono class "D", and a rockfrd fosgate 1 farad capacitor...The problem: When I first installed my capacitor it was joined with a less powerful amp (another sony). It was sold. But the capacitor worked with it from what i remember. I dont even think i charged it it just worked right out of the box. I found that to be weird but...anyways.When i went to install the new amp the allen wrench slipped and hit the positive and negative on the capacitor. To my surprise, the capacitor still worked after that...but not for long. It is currently grounded to the bare frame under my back seat,seperate from the amp ground. It just doesnt turn on anymore. the system works without it very well but i just want it for safety.Any ideas??????? let me know...thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 18
Caps really don't provide any safety. All they are used for is filling in the small drops in voltage during intense loads. Take it off.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7296

http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/capacitors.html

Username: Mikey

Miami, Fl Puerto Rico

Post Number: 4
just curious, When I turn off my car and the capacitor stays "power on" am I drawing power out of the battery? Am I draining the battery?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us