Battary capacitator?

Anonymous

hi, i am running an orion 1200d amp and a 15 X.X.X. straight from my battary i believe. is this enough power? or do i need a battary capacitator or extra battary or what?

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 805
if i were you i'd upgrade your alternator...yes you are running a wire from your battery to your amp, that amp is drawing an enormous amount of power, if you dont get a high output alterntor very very soon you're gonna clip your amp, hurt your sub and chances are obliterate your electrical system...a car isnt meant to run an amplifier so you need to supply the extra power it needs.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 177
If you play mostly with your car on, you will need an alternator and wire upgrade. Then a deep cycle battery and capacitor after that, if you feel like putting the money into it.
You need the alternator first thing since you're pulling so many Amps. If you try to turn that thing up, you'll definately sag your voltage and clip the heck outta your poor triple X. And we don't want to see you have to buy another one. :-)

Anonymous

could someone please tell me which model alternator that would fit best for a 1997 ford f150 ext cab pickup? and slo how many watts the alternator should put out??

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 185
Alternators are rated in Amps. If you need an alternator, you should talk to a company who manufactures them, and they will tell you what model you need. You will probably want around a 150A alternator. More depending on what you're running. www.mralternator.com www.4alterstart.com

Anonymous

do you think a 180 watt one would be enough, is too much amps bad?

Bronze Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 92
Too much amp's is never bad, just gives you more room to add more stuff!:-)
180 amp's might be fine, not for sure.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us