Help putting new Pioneers into a Honda Accord

Unregistered guest
Hey guys. I just bought some new Pioneer Speakers (seen here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1051826174054&skuId=5264162&type=prod uct ) from Best Buy. The stock speakers in my 1991 Honda Accord were completely blown in the back, so I just needed something medium range to replace them, I wasn't looking to go all hardcore.

I am trying to install them myself, and I got them into the speaker slot all fine, but the wires are definitely different. I tried stripping the wires from the original speakers and splicing them into the new ones, but they are definitely a different guage. The speakers work, but sound like absolute crap. And by splicing I mean I just crossed the wires. I don't know what guage either of the wires are, but they are both different for sure. Any ideas what I should do?

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 332
Ashton go to auto zone, or radio shack and get a crimp tool, and some terminal ends that will slide over the new speakers wire terminal. You can take the speaker in, and one of the salesman should be able to help you find what you need. Crimp the terminal end onto the factory wire and push it onto the new speakers wire terminal. That will be your easiest solution. If it still sounds bad you might have the wires swaped. Just pull the conector loose from the speaker terminal and conect to the other side. If you really want to do a good job, get a soddering gun, and sodder the factory wires to speaker terminal. This is alot harder to do, however you are less likely to have problems in the future.

Ashton
Unregistered guest
Thanks Jeremy, that totally helped. Turned out I had my wires touching eachother, just had to buy some electrical tape and cover them so they weren't touching. Simple solution to a simple problem, thanks for your help.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 401
Not a problem. I still sugest you sodder, or use a crimp conector. Tape comes loose once the temp changes some, and I would hate for it to come loose and you fry your deck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us