Best 12" subs for MRP-M350

Anonymous

What would be the best pair of 12's for this amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Sparkey2027

Barnstaple, England England

Post Number: 20
the alpine mrp 350 is a bit of a powerhouse. its well underrated. id buy 2 alpine type r. they should run fine on it.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 196
I heard 1-type r 12 of that amp today and it sounded pretty good I was really surprised!

Anonymous

do you guys think i could run a JL 10w6v2 on it?

Silver Member

Ct

Post Number: 203
if you get the dual 4ohm then I would have to say yes.

Anonymous

would i be able to push the full rms of the sub. which is 400 and my amp has 350. so could i run my amp above its rms range without doin any damage?

Silver Member

Ct

Post Number: 207
not a smart thing to do dude!

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 299
If your subs rms is 400 and the amps rms is 350, then you should be fine. I don't think it's a good idea to always run your subs at the nominal power ratings anyways. And with only 50 watts difference, your not really underpowering your sub enough to cause any damage.

Silver Member

Ct

Post Number: 210
exactly!

Anonymous

"And with only 50 watts difference, your not really underpowering your sub enough to cause any damage."

Underpowering a sub can't cause damage, LOL

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 303
Actually underpowering a sub can cause damage. The amp desn't have enough power that the sub is demanding, and tries to put out more than it can, causing clipping. You can live with very minimul clipping, but severe clipping can destory things.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 181
Anonymous is correct, you can't damage a sub by underpowering. And Joe is right, you destroy the sub by the CLIPPING, not the UNDERPOWERING. But if you want to underpower a sub, you need to be careful with it, and not try to get an extra 100W out of your amp, which it can't give you. That's when you're going to get your clipping and destroy your sub. If you know you won't be able to discipline yourself to not blast your stereo, than you probably shouldn't try it.

Bronze Member
Username: Sparkey2027

Barnstaple, England England

Post Number: 45
what exactly is clipping. ive never heard of it b4

Silver Member

New Jersey US

Post Number: 182
It's basically when you try to push too much power out of your amplifier, and the amplifier isn't able to produce that much power. At a certain point, it will begin sending damaging voltage to the subwoofer coil instead of good voltage. There is a chance you will begin to hear the sub distort, although you may not. Even though there isn't distortion, you may still be clipping the amp.

Silver Member

New Jersey US

Post Number: 183
http://www.bcae1.com/2ltlpwr.htm

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 304
Nice link Jake. I know that underpowering a sub alone will not destroy the subwoofer, that would be kinda stupid. The point I was really trying to make was that HE WOULD BE ABLE To turn his volume up high, and not have to worry about his amp clipping. Thanks for politely correcting me though jake.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us