Question about hooking up alarm in 98' Accord?

Username: Mar122999

Post Number: 1
Hey. I just bought a Avital Hurricane2 alarm system for my 1998 Honda Accord EX car. I am just having some problems locating a couple of wires in my car.

I have everything hooked up from the hot, starter, IGN, ground, and horn. I have the LED fixed to my dash and the valet switch mounted by my feet. I also properly mounted the sensor to the steerig column. Everything is pretty much ready to go except about 5 wires. Here is the list of wires that I am having trouble finding:

1. Parking light polarity select (+)(-)
2. channel 2 (-) output
3. channel 4 (-) output
4. hood/trunk (-) input
5. interior light polarity select (+)(-)
6. door trigger input
7. (-) lock, (+) unlock

This is how the manuel has them listed. Can someone who has done this car before please help me out with locating some of these wires? Also, if there is any "warnings" that you could give me for this car, I am all ears to any suggestions (ex: the book said that for the door lock system, some cars require an optional relay for the car alarm system to work with the door locks... is this my car)?

Bronze Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 100
www.bulldogsecurity.com

you can find the wiring diagram for your car there.

1) parking lights should be +

2,3)channel 2, 4 are for extra features. like if you have and electronic trunk release, you would connect channel 2 to a relay then to trunk wire.

4) to a pinswitch in the trunk. sets alarm off if the trunk is open

5) for domelight supervision. need a relay for this. turns on the domelight when you turn off alarm/unlock the doors.

6) the reason you bought the alarm. sets the alarm off when you open the door.

7) lock and unlock are for the power door locks. hondas are negative lock, so you'll set it for -

hope that helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us